Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Still getting breathlessness a month after COVID and chest infection.

Re: Still getting breathlessness a month after COVID and chest infection.

It seems I'm not alone: https://www.reddit.com/r/LongCovid/s..._sr=1&sr_nsfw=

Another night of night sweats. It's depressing me more than anything. I can't get a good sleep, which can be a vicious cycle because the lack of sleep adds to the stress.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Hi James. I have long covid and have had dreadful days where getting out of bed is an effort. It is debilitating, I have underlying health problems which makes it worse.I am now going to a long covid clinic where I have physical therapy and brain exercises lol.
    My Pulmonologist said it could last up to 12mths(I bloody hope not.)
    Keep the walking up it will help with your breathing and see your doc.

No walking for a while sadly. Last Friday I accidentally kicked the door frame with my little toe. Still swollen and painful :(

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

So, an update.

Tonight I have insomnia (well, this morning now lol). I've been laying in bed with the laptop. The other half is very sweaty. She's got a fan pointing on her. She's asleep, I don't want to wake her because if somebody woke me to tell me I'm sweaty I'd freak out

Today she walked our son to and from the church youth center. She was complaining she was breathless, and tbh I could hear it.

I'm convinced this is long COVID. I think there's likely different seventies of it. While I am affected by the night sweats, the breathlessness isn't as bad as OH. I'm worried to sleep because I hate the night sweats which are sometimes combined with night terrors. Urgh!

I'm going to suggest she rest in bed for a week and relax. I'll do what I can to take care of her but I think her body needs recover. She may be taking on more than her body is capable of.

She does worry me a little bit. It would be dreadful if we caught COVID again. That honestly scares me.

My brain has rewired itself incorrectly again. Feel a bit of a panic attack.

☪️️

My only real advice to you is do the decent thing and get the Covid jab, which you said you have avoided having so far.

Ditto to Phil(06).

You're right Lenco. I am going to get a jab because as I age my body can't cope so well with these illnesses. Might aswell get my flu jab while I'm there as I'm entitled to it anyway.

Afaik you've had all jabs and you've not be affected badly by it? Can others here confirm that too?

I had no night sweats last night to my knowledge. So that's positive news. Feeling a lot happier today.

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    You're right Lenco. I am going to get a jab because as I age my body can't cope so well with these illnesses. Might aswell get my flu jab while I'm there as I'm entitled to it anyway.

Afaik you've had all jabs and you've not be affected badly by it? Can others here confirm that too?

I had no night sweats last night to my knowledge. So that's positive news. Feeling a lot happier today.
    Well so far so good.

Why not stop googling all the conspiracy theory stuff about jabs, James? I'm still alive after having had 4 jabs and am very glad I had them. It's not too late to have yours. Your decision though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Well so far so good.
    Slight correction; I actually meant I've had all 4 Covid jabs (plus the flu jab) and the 'so far so good' remark refers to the fact that I haven't yet been affected badly by Covid itself (nor the flu), not side effects from the jabs, certainly none of which have had any detrimental effects on me.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Why not stop googling all the conspiracy theory stuff about jabs, James? I'm still alive after having had 4 jabs and am very glad I had them. It's not too late to have yours. Your decision though.
    Especially with all the stuff in the news last week about that plonker of an MP Andrew Bridgen comparing the Covid vaccines with the Holocaust, and him rightly being suspended from the Tory party, though should have been expelled permanently IMO.

I personally think it's about time the authorities started clamping down more heavily on OTT conspiracy theorists and fake news-mongers, as I read somewhere the other day (The Conversation site I think) that many of them are largely responsible for wrecking society as we know it, plus many often young, gullible and vulnerable individuals have a tendency to seek solace in conspiracy theories and misinformation in general during tough times such as the Covid pandemic and also during the last Global Financial Crisis.

They also added that such vulnerable individuals increasingly lack faith in 'officialdom' and inadvertently turn to sadcases like Andrew Tate and others of his ilk. Ditto for those who have been known to turn to the likes of ISIS, County Liners, sex gangs, etc, for a sense of 'belonging', though that's a whole 'nother story to be discussed elsewhere other than this thread.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information