Thread: Disturbing images

Disturbing images

Hey, so I have had ocd since 8 years old, 9 years ago I started having images after a stressful time of bad spirits trying to take me it felt so real, went a&e and they said its stress and exhausted basically, I found the letter the other day and it said personality disorder so now I'm freaking out as my fear is going crazy or getting psychosis that was 9 years ago, I've managed it since then, I have just come out a 15 year marriage 8 months ago it was abusive, now I've got these thoughts back and it's scaring me so much , I'm depressed can't do anything I'm scared these thoughts will like take over me and I'm possed or something , I was doing so well but I'm now scared I've got psychosis or something can anyone shed any light please thankyou

Re: Disturbing images

People experiencing psychosis generally lack insight into their state of mind. They're wrapped up in the psychosis and feel it as if it were reality. They don't worry that they might be psychotic. I would concur that your problem is extreme stress/anxiety and a fear of the possibility of becoming psychotic.

Re: Disturbing images

Quote Originally Posted by Jenpink View Post
    I have just come out a 15 year marriage 8 months ago it was abusive, now I've got these thoughts back and it's scaring me so much , I'm depressed can't do anything I'm scared these thoughts will like take over me and I'm possed or something
    Have you been to your GP?

Thread Information