Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We're all going to get COVID XBB 1 5 whether you're vaccinated or not :(

Re: We're all going to get COVID XBB 1 5 whether you're vaccinated or not :(

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I hate to join this type of thread but the title is quite provoking. The point of vaccination with covid isn’t to stop you catching it, it’s to make it less serious if you do.
    Well said, Scass.

Oh, is Doctor IC not a trusted source anymore? I did question this myself because it feels like he's addicted to the Youtube numbers at this point.

Sorry I didn't mean to scare people.

Lenco is correct, there are lots of ways we could die or be affected by illness. Cancer hits 1 in 2 of us, which seems like a far worse thing to be worried about.

I've unsubscribed from him today so I don't get his notifications any more.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Mmmm. I'm saying nothing about him
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 16-01-23 at 18:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Mmmm. I'm saying nothing about him

https://socialblade.com/youtube/user...aching/monthly

Some might wish to go back and see what caused that spike in late 2021.
    Wow! Does he have ads on his videos? I use Brave browser so I never see them. If he does, he is milking the cash cow here.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Personally I thought that Dr JC and his videos seemed far more credible earlier in the pandemic, but now I'm sorry to say, he just seems rather out of his depth and comes across as a bit of a desperate 'has been' with an agenda, trying to milk the current stage of the pandemic to the max in order to remain relevant.

While I'm still not in any way trivialising current Covid, especially as it still has the potential to wreak havoc with the health of certain less fortunate individuals, but for the most part, the current situation is much less critical than that of 2020 and much of 2021 and for better or worse, most of the world has moved on during the past year or so.

Let's try not to go down the ignorantly 'woke' rabbit hole here.

Dr JC hasn't changed his tune to appeal to YT numbers at all. He has uncovered some pretty serious evidence showing some serious side effects of the vaccines. Given the fact that he regularly mentions his two massively comprehensive books he's written, that he also gives away for FREE, and the the charity work he does in Africa, I'm pretty convinced that his motives are the oppposite of the regular doomsayers here.

Just because he has big numbers on YT, does not make him 'part of the problem'. He is providing information as HE see's it, as it's uncovered. He could be way more clickbaity if he really wanted to be, and he cites ALL the information he provides in the video, and with links to the papers he's working from.

Folding your arms and pointing towards YT numbers is not evidence, it's just you being negative, yet again.

Statistically, yeah, everyone probably will catch covid, but I think people who say "everyone is going to end up with covid" say it to justify doing whatever they want and not paying attention to reasonable restrictions, like staying home and/or wearing a mask in public when you are sick. It's like of like the people who say "there's no ethical consumption under capitalism" and use it to justify massive fashion hauls from really terrible companies. People just tend to latch onto a phrase or idea and twist it for their own narrative.

I may have had covid by now, though I have never had a positive test. I am still doing everything I reasonably can to prevent getting covid, though. There's just too much unknown for me to be totally comfortable, so I take measured risks. And I do miss doing certain things, but honestly, I'm kind of a homebody and my favorite hobbies are all outdoors anyway, so really it hasn't changed my life too much.

Quote Originally Posted by ServerError View Post
    My fear (such as it is) is the unseen damage that repeated Covid infections are doing inside our bodies. I temporarily lost my taste/smell with my first infection and then again with my second, which turned into parosmia (a foul smell/taste). I'm regaining normal function again, but I worry that if it keeps happening, eventually it won't come back. And that's just an issue I can detect. What exactly is Covid doing to our bodies?
    They are finding that it can destroy your T-Cells, and tank your immune system. Not to panic - your body will eventually re-create more apparently as long as you aren't immunocompromised, but it does take time. That's why so many people will have covid and then immediately end up with another illness that isn't covid, but makes them sicker than they expected, like just a common cold. It's also why they think there was such a rise in serious RSV and strep cases. So if you're recovering from covid, it's a good idea to just play it safe for a bit while your body gets back up to speed. Apparently measles does something similar as well.

I think they're also finding some other things as well. It's very impressive that in this day and age scientists can find out information very quickly, though it will probably be awhile before long term stuff comes to light. I would feel a lot better personally though when/if we knew a lot more for certain.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Thank you very much for this very sensible, measured and informative post, Poppy which brought a lot of comfort to my daughter last night.

My lad has it. He's been off school yesterday and today. He's in bed reading his revision books bless him.

Not funny though. He's been hit twice in less than 31 days. He seems ok though he doesn't get worried over illnesses he just cracks on.

That's why I don't buy all this chatter about "It's just a flu at this point". It's not ...if JQ is right the vaccine is useless.

☪️️

I do not understand the theory that "we need to make our immune systems stronger". If "everybody" is going to get it, then it isnt about the immune system at all. A large percentage of the population will have strong immune systems, especially those that didn't lockdown and carried on as normal. But they'll still catch it.

☪️️

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information