Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We're all going to get COVID XBB 1 5 whether you're vaccinated or not :(

Re: We're all going to get COVID XBB 1 5 whether you're vaccinated or not :(

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Let's try not to go down the ignorantly 'woke' rabbit hole here.
    The second someone use the word 'woke' in this context, it immediately marks you out as an ********.

I have a friend who uses the word woke a lot, yet his beliefs are mostly left wing. I said mate, you at least need to be mostly right wing before you use that word. He said "Nope I'm woke" ... while he continues to pay his TV license.

I don't disagree with Joe, and I think he used the word in the right context.

The word was stolen from the right by the left, and flipped, so the word "woke" means the opposite of what it did

It was a word used to mean "My 3rd eye is open". Then it was used in the conspiracy circles (I am not saying conspiracy is bad, it's required without it there would be no opposing views and that's a bad thing) to mean "I've woken up from the lies of the main stream media".

Now I don't know what the word means anymore.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Thank you very much for this very sensible, measured and informative post, Poppy which brought a lot of comfort to my daughter last night.
    I hope your daughter is doing well, Pulisa. I personally have a lot of confidence that even though covid is likely to stick around, that they will continue to develop better vaccines and treatments and that it will become even less of an issue moving forward. I also think they’ll be able to figure out any complications and work on treatments for those too. And not everyone has complications, either.

It’s honestly amazing how much they’ve been able to do in such a short amount of time already, when you think about it. Science is awesome.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    I hope your daughter is doing well, Pulisa. I personally have a lot of confidence that even though covid is likely to stick around, that they will continue to develop better vaccines and treatments and that it will become even less of an issue moving forward. I also think they’ll be able to figure out any complications and work on treatments for those too. And not everyone has complications, either.

It’s honestly amazing how much they’ve been able to do in such a short amount of time already, when you think about it. Science is awesome.
    The economy's is sick, and it needs rebuilding to health. Money rules, and the economies health is more important than peoples health.

Keep calm, carry on, and bury heads in the sand. That's the facts.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    The second someone use the word 'woke' in this context, it immediately marks you out as an ********.

Yeah we get it, you don't like me

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    The economy's is sick, and it needs rebuilding to health. Money rules, and the economies health is more important than peoples health.

Keep calm, carry on, and bury heads in the sand. That's the facts.
    Well the govt are basically damned if do, damned if don't, and are liable to get it in the neck whatever the event, and no matter which party/PM is in power.

Lockdowns/restrictions = Nazism/fascism/dictatorship.

Economy first before health, safety, security, etc = Nazism/fascism/dictatorship.

Vaccines = Nazism/fascism/dictatorship.

Antivax = Nazism/fascism/dictatorship.

Seemingly a no-win situation all round!

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post

Very wise words, Poppy.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I have a friend who uses the word woke a lot, yet his beliefs are mostly left wing. I said mate, you at least need to be mostly right wing before you use that word. He said "Nope I'm woke" ... while he continues to pay his TV license.

I don't disagree with Joe, and I think he used the word in the right context.

The word was stolen from the right by the left, and flipped, so the word "woke" means the opposite of what it did

It was a word used to mean "My 3rd eye is open". Then it was used in the conspiracy circles (I am not saying conspiracy is bad, it's required without it there would be no opposing views and that's a bad thing) to mean "I've woken up from the lies of the main stream media".

Now I don't know what the word means anymore.
    I think 'woke' in its current context is now one of many trendy buzzwords that's become vastly overused over recent years, in a similar sense to 'snowflake', though I've noticed that particular word in it's current pejorative context seems to have died down a bit more recently, possibly for the same reasons of chronic overuse and triteness.

For the record, we also don't hear the word 'ch@v' uttered so much these days like we used to, thank God! Mind you, that word is now so 2003 and inadvertently 'old hat'.

Is there an "acceptable" middle ground between being woke and being racist? Like being rational and reasonable and recognising that disagreeing with an opinion isn't "confrontational" or deserving of verbal abuse?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Is there an "acceptable" middle ground between being woke and being racist? Like being rational and reasonable and recognising that disagreeing with an opinion isn't "confrontational" or deserving of verbal abuse?
    Woke is really about the belief that 'I know something that you don't'. Especially when offered as some kind of derisory comment with a link to NO evidence whatsoever.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information