Thread: LRP Cure my story....

LRP Cure my story....

Hello All. I have suffered from reflux for around 10 years. Well, I say suffered I was prescribed Omeprazole 10 years ago after experiencing some mild chest pains.
    I soon discovered that Omeprazole made me bulletproof as to what I could eat with no heartburn symptoms at all. This isn't as good as it sounds. What I should have realised at the time is that I should have started eating better, a healthier diet and maybe lost some weight but I continued on the pills for a while and then attempted to stop taking them. This caused a huge increase in my heartburn, much worse than before. I went for an endoscopy and was put back on Omeprazole.
    A few years later I stopped taking them again and seemed much better for a while at least. Out of nowhere, a sore throat developed, a lump in my throat and the feeling each time I ate that the food was sticking in my throat. I was worried sick and constantly on the phone with the doctors who decided I needed to go to the ENT clinic for a camera. I was pretty bad and I remember waking each morning with the sorest, driest throat I've ever felt. I then read about globus hystericus and realised all my symptoms seemed to match also 1 doctor I spoke to asked if I was still taking Omeprazole, I said no and he instructed me to go back on them. This is when I discovered silent reflux. I went back on the pills and the throat cleared up as well as my anxiety about having all sorts wrong with me. Since I lost my father 10 years ago I suffer from health anxiety massively.
    Anyway.... fast forward about 6 years and I find the symptoms of LPR returning for another flare-up. not as bad as my previous attack but enough to kick off my worries and cold sweats during the night. My own fault I guess, a very acidic diet, beers, late meals and generally not taking good care of myself.
    So a few days ago I'm just flicking through YouTube where I found some very helpful videos on breathing exercises to help with reflux which I have found very beneficial and I find 2 other videos about LPR, firstly a doctor who instructs simply to go buy some alkaline water and some baking soda from the shop, throw 2 tablespoons in a litre of water and either gargle it morning and night or as many times as you feel necessary during the day or buy some nasal spray bottles (available on amazon) fill them with the solution and squirt it in the mouth while inhaling and into your nose just as you would if you use a nasal spray when you have blocked sinuses.
    The 2nd video was more or less the same but its creator was a sufferer of LPR and had used this method to heal himself.
    In all the years I have suffered I had never found this information about baking soda
    The baking soda neutralises the pepsin in your throat, nose, airways etc and the relief begins. I am 2 days into using this and am already feeling so much better.
    So I am now on the Acid watcher diet written by Jonathan Aviv, curranty about 15 days into the 28-day healing phase. I should have started this diet years ago. I've lost 8 lbs in those 15 days. I have stopped drinking for the 1st phase of the diet.
    I am following the breathing exercise videos on YouTube as well as some throat exercise videos and I'm garaging and spraying the baking soda mix when I feel I need to.
    Overall I'm seeing massive improvements. I thought it was worth sharing this information as I know so many people suffer from LPR and the doctors in the UK don't have great knowledge or experience with reflux and LPR. from my research and experience Omeprazole doesn't always help in the case of LRP and often some self-care and diet adjustments may be needed to improve symptoms.
    If you are suffering, all the very best I wish you success in your search for a solution but please please please try baking soda!
    Please see a link below too some of the videos I have found to help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H_VvFO3Fp8&t=27s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GhPlEICVHs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvxLJ_cBgs0&t=6s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HfDRC1UA0o&t=38s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nt2qNdImr8

Re: LRP Cure my story....

I had all the symptoms of LRP. I started using the baking soda/water solution for the first time this week. After three doctors visits & a round of antibiotics for what was diagnosed as sinus infection with post nasal drip, the soda/water solution has been a game changer ! My sinuses have pretty much cleared, though I live in NY and with the freezing cold & low humidity, it plays havoc with sinuses. My throat feels way better, though still sore, probably from the reflux for so long, I'm guessing it will take a while to heal. Overall glad I tried the soda/water mix !

Re: LRP Cure my story....

Thats great news Conelrad!

Thread Information