Thread: All the tests because all the symptoms!

All the tests because all the symptoms!

Well the last two weeks have been bloody awful.

I have had constant loose stools for two weeks. I tried Imodium at the beginning as thought it was just the usual loose movements, however this really bagged me up… then the stomach spasms and cramps started. These have literally had me doubled over in pain. Doctor prescribed buscopan, didn’t help at all. 3 days later I went back to the doctor who gave me colofac and peppermint capsules. These definitely do help the cramps however two days later I passed blood. It wasn’t a huge amount, just within the loose stool but it was there and I freaked.
    I ended up going to A&E as I was honestly convinced I was dying. The doctor was lovely and did my bloods and a urine sample and said she was absolutely sure it was IBS and nothing sinister.

I am still bagged up and passing small amounts of loose stool every couple of hours.

I have provided a stool sample this morning (it was like jelly but streaked with blood) and I have a full blood test booked for Tuesday. The doctor wants to check for coeliac etc.

I have also booked a private gastroenterologist for Feb 17th.

I had a sigmoidoscopy in September 2014, piles were the cause. This is so different and so painful in comparison. Can I trust an 8 year old test?

My health anxiety is absolutely out of control. I literally feel like booking a funeral. I was doing ok until I saw the blood 😔

Re: All the tests because all the symptoms!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrschurchill View Post
    Well the last two weeks have been bloody awful.

I have had constant loose stools for two weeks. I tried Imodium at the beginning as thought it was just the usual loose movements, however this really bagged me up… then the stomach spasms and cramps started. These have literally had me doubled over in pain. Doctor prescribed buscopan, didn’t help at all. 3 days later I went back to the doctor who gave me colofac and peppermint capsules. These definitely do help the cramps however two days later I passed blood. It wasn’t a huge amount, just within the loose stool but it was there and I freaked.
    I ended up going to A&E as I was honestly convinced I was dying. The doctor was lovely and did my bloods and a urine sample and said she was absolutely sure it was IBS and nothing sinister.

I am still bagged up and passing small amounts of loose stool every couple of hours.

I have provided a stool sample this morning (it was like jelly but streaked with blood) and I have a full blood test booked for Tuesday. The doctor wants to check for coeliac etc.

I have also booked a private gastroenterologist for Feb 17th.

I had a sigmoidoscopy in September 2014, piles were the cause. This is so different and so painful in comparison. Can I trust an 8 year old test?

My health anxiety is absolutely out of control. I literally feel like booking a funeral. I was doing ok until I saw the blood 😔
    Hope that you get your results soon. I know what a worrying time it can be waiting for these things. I’ve got an issue with mucus, blood and stomach pains at the moment and I’m trying to stay calm but it’s so difficult.

Re: All the tests because all the symptoms!

It’s very frightening and worrying �� it’s also a vicious cycle and it’s been a while since the dragon has appeared to be honest.

Thread Information