Thread: Is a breakdown really a break through?

Is a breakdown really a break through?

I am new to No more panic. I am 25 and have experienced extreme anxiety since June. I joined in the hope of finding some inspiration and it has been a great comfort to see that I have experienced the same as others. I was at my worst in August and have been making a gradule recovery. But now i feel i have hit a blank and it makes me so sad. I feel that I can't get any better that I should just accept this is how I am going to feel. This makes me not to want to carry on though if this is the case. I have a few places I can go to including work. But everything scares me. Will I ever be the same again? I've travelled all around the world and now feel i can't get the tube for more than 2 stops (in August i couldn't be on my own and couldn't leave the house). I've lost my zest for life and everything feels like a challenge. People say that having a breakdown is also a break through and good can come out of it. I am failing to see the good so far. Does anyone have inspiring stories to help me think positively that i will be able to live my life to the full? I am so scared of losing control and I am so tired of fighting. Also how do anti depressants make people feel? I feel weird, sort of detached, i don't know if it is the medication or not. Is this what i will have to deal with for the rest of my life or will it get better?

Re: Is a breakdown really a break through?

Hi there I am in pretty much the same situation scared & panicky , full of anxiety. I know it is pretty hard to imagine feeling any different when you / me have felt like this for a long time. I am taking st johns wort and other things and considering hypnotherapy. Try and take each day as it comes and get help where & when you can. I feel as long as their is hope I will try and get better , hard somedays when I am not so positive though
    x take care

Hi Mlondon. I'm scared too but I have glimpses of everything becoming manageable. I'm rather agorophobic at present and trying to work on getting out for a few minutes 5 times a week. If you read through the "success" thread you will see inspiring accounts of peoples progress. On my first bout of anxiety and panic twenty two years ago, I had hypnotherapy on the NHS from my then G.p. and it sorted me out for the next 8 years. Have you asked your g.P. for help, oops, I guess you have if you're on anti d's. You can get better, learn about it, ask for CBT and come here to offload and enquire about everything you feel when it gets too much to cope on your own . Take care.

Thank you for your responses. I am having CBT at the moment and I has been a great help but i feel like I have stopped progressing. I have just read some of the success stories and found them really inspiring. It is great to know there is a network of people who understand.

Thread Information