Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got COVID again :(

I got COVID again :(

Hi folks.

I've not been active the past week. My son and other half got ill about 2 weeks ago. I think I posted about this in thread, I thought it was just a regular flu because I'd had COVID start of December. We all did. They've still both got the persistent cough going on.

It slowly started creeping up on me. Today I can't cough because my lungs feel like they're on fire. My breathing is ok, but I feel very run down and feverish.

My other half spends mornings with her friend. Her friend had this first about 2.5 weeks ago. She ended up unknowingly passed it to her mom who is in a care home. I feel bad because her mom only has a week or so to live as it is, without COVID.
    I tested last night after I heard her mom was positive. We're all part of the same circle. I'm positive

Honestly, it's depressing now. I've just gotten over a nasty COVID, broken my toe, and now this again. I'm off to bed and try sleep this off.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: I got COVID again :(

Oh no James, Covid is certainly giving you a bashing at the moment I don’t even know what variant we are on at the moment, I’ve lost count.

Take it easy, it’s crap yes, but you’ve been through it before and you’re strong enough to do it again. Not good about your partners mom but she mustn’t beat herself up over it. My mother is 94 and she’s in a rehab bed atm in a home. We are nervous of taking stuff in to her but I feel any isolation would be far worse to her health.

Feel better soon, another week and you’ll be passed the worst of it.

Ghost…Spillways

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    Oh no James, Covid is certainly giving you a bashing at the moment I don’t even know what variant we are on at the moment, I’ve lost count.

Take it easy, it’s crap yes, but you’ve been through it before and you’re strong enough to do it again. Not good about your partners mom but she mustn’t beat herself up over it. My mother is 94 and she’s in a rehab bed atm in a home. We are nervous of taking stuff in to her but I feel any isolation would be far worse to her health.

Feel better soon, another week and you’ll be passed the worst of it.
    It's probably XBB 1.5, though the media haven't mentioned much about Covid in general over the past few weeks.

I thought I might have it last week but two tests were negative. Hang on in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    I thought I might have it last week but two tests were negative. Hang on in there!
    Ditto for me yesterday as I felt a bit ropey all day. Did a LFT last night, tested negative, had a decent night's kip and I have felt fine all day.

BTW, it was this time last year that I knowingly had Covid myself.

I slept for most of yesterday, was just so tired. Night sweats returned, they've gone away for over 2 weeks since the last bloody time. That's frustrating.

I'm totally for living normally and not letting these illnesses stand in the way of life. But twice in a short space of time is taking liberties.

I've written a strongly worded letter to COVID, and explained how I feel. I'm hoping for some compensation for time lost

If you don't laugh at this **** you'll end up crying.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    I thought I had it again last week, but I tested negative. Then the misses tested positive at the same time.

The symptoms I had were identical to last time, albeit milder. I'm pretty sure whatever variant going around right now can test negative.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    I thought I had it again last week, but I tested negative. Then the misses tested positive at the same time.

The symptoms I had were identical to last time, albeit milder. I'm pretty sure whatever variant going around right now can test negative.
    Yeah same. Symptoms are the same but do feel milder.

☪️️

The thing I hate is the cough. It went from mildly annoying, to stupidly irritating. You know when you cough so much you heave ... it's that again.

Any tips on how to reduce this cough? When I had it in December I tried cough sweets, syrup, lemsips. I feel like it's the phlegm that is shifting, but how can I make it shift a bit quicker?

Not to sound gross, but when the heave happens I can feel thick mucus. I don't know if it's a good idea to sick that out.

☪️️

I always think the best thing is steam. Have hot showers or baths, breathe in the steam and it will help to loosen the phlegm. Also keep drinking water or hot drinks. Sleep propped up too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information