Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I got COVID again :(

Re: I got COVID again :(

Symptoms are definitely much less than in December. I actually feel better today, the coughing is not as bad. So strange. Still showing positive though. My mother-in-law works in a hospital and we got a bag full of tests this morning. Going to share some with friends and neighbours who might need them too.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    The thing I hate is the cough. It went from mildly annoying, to stupidly irritating. You know when you cough so much you heave ... it's that again.

Any tips on how to reduce this cough? When I had it in December I tried cough sweets, syrup, lemsips. I feel like it's the phlegm that is shifting, but how can I make it shift a bit quicker?

Not to sound gross, but when the heave happens I can feel thick mucus. I don't know if it's a good idea to sick that out.
    Avoid dairy and crap food, they tend to promote mucus. Maybe go carnivore for a few days (really, it's fine).

Stay hyper hydrated, but more importantly cough gently. It's counter intuitive, but it's the medical advice I got back in 2017 when I had a cough so bad I was coughing up blood. The harder you cough, the more you irritate the airways, the more mucus is created to smother the irritation, the more you cough....etc.

Thankfully all better now Joe The other half has shingles she's currently at eye hospital so they can check her eye is ok and presumably give her some eyedrops. She's on antibioticis too.

She's been battling illnesses since early November. She gets rid of one thing and something else pops up.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Thankfully all better now Joe The other half has shingles she's currently at eye hospital so they can check her eye is ok and presumably give her some eyedrops. She's on antibioticis too.

She's been battling illnesses since early November. She gets rid of one thing and something else pops up.
    Good to hear you're fully recovered now James. Me and my dad had bad colds last week, but not Covid.

BTW, my day centre has now abandoned its last Covid check measure, which was taking each client's temperature on arrival, and my keyworker said that it's now pretty much getting to the stage where Covid is (mostly) just 'another' illness that we're basically learning to live with, and no longer the big monster it was 2-3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Good to hear you're fully recovered now James. Me and my dad had bad colds last week, but not Covid.

BTW, my day centre has now abandoned its last Covid check measure, which was taking each client's temperature on arrival, and my keyworker said that it's now pretty much getting to the stage where Covid is (mostly) just 'another' illness that we're basically learning to live with, and no longer the big monster it was 2-3 years ago.
    Thanks Lenco. Your keyworker is right I believe. It's taken me a while to accept COVID is just one of those illnesses that will be around. Since accepting that a lot of worry and fear has alleviated. There's madness going in the world right now and I think it's better to just make peace with the world and create enjoyable experiences.

Does the day centre help you out? Must feel nice to have somewhere to go where people understand you. There was a place locally for autistic adults to meet, but funding cuts shut it down 2 years ago. I would have liked to have gone.

☪️️

Thanks Lenco. Your keyworker is right I believe. It's taken me a while to accept COVID is just one of those illnesses that will be around. Since accepting that a lot of worry and fear has alleviated. There's madness going in the world right now and I think it's better to just make peace with the world and create enjoyable experiences.

Does the day centre help you out? Must feel nice to have somewhere to go where people understand you. There was a place locally for autistic adults to meet, but funding cuts shut it down 2 years ago. I would have liked to have gone.
    My day centre is great, and the best one I have attended so far, even though there's still room for improvements in some aspects. But then again it's unrealistic to expect absolute perfection and to accept and appreciate it's as good as it gets right now, and to make the best of it, especially in this current climate.

Going back to Covid, the brief media frenzy over Omicron XBB 1.5 (not the illnesses themselves caused by it) back in late December-early January now appears to have gone the way of the dodo. Plus Covid in general has barely registered in the national news headlines at all since at least mid January, and life in general now seems to bear a greater semblance of 2019 (and before) once again, in spite of other complications that have arisen since late 2021 such as the COL crisis and issues pertaining to the Ukraine conflict.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information