Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can anxiety cause stool changes?

Re: Can anxiety cause stool changes?

Hi sorry I am new here and have just come across your thread. I was just wondering how you are doing? I'm currently going through really bad HA thinking all sorts. I was wondering if you ever had any cramping in your bottom. I'm currently having pain there sometimes a shooting pain when I sit down, other times I feel like I need to break wind but nothing comes out or I haven't emptied my bowels enough. Sorry for tmi. I just hoped that it's not just me having these symptoms. I don't feel as though I can go to the drs at the moment as I'm currently having tests done on my tummy due to all the acid I'm having in my stomach. I feel like I might be a pain to them especially as they know I have health anxiety.
    Last edited by Jade5911; 24-07-23 at 23:07.

Re: Can anxiety cause stool changes?

Hello @Jade5911. I’m so sorry I’ve been away from the website for a while and didn’t get a notification of your post.

I am really sorry to hear how you’ve been feeling. Yes sometimes I can get shooting pains all over abdomen and private areas. I have good days and bad days anxiety wise and today is quite a bad one. I would say don’t be worried about going to the drs, be honest with them and tell them that you’re having different symptoms and it’s really making you anxious. I have found drs to be sympathetic and understanding. They shouldn’t brush you off but should help you get the tests done and help with the anxiety side of things at the same time. I wish you all the best and hope things get better for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information