Thread: MS for sure

MS for sure

I've not felt like I do now for many years. I'm 100% convinced I have MS now. It all started a few weeks back when I got up off the sofa and terrible pain somewhere in my left back thigh, couldn't put my finger on where exactly it hurt but it does, worse when I've been sat a long time. Fast forward a week later I got out the bath and the bottom of my left foot felt numb, tingling. The pain seemed to ease off, spoke to my doctor Monday and she said she thought it was siatica, to try something called the child's pose (yoga) and refer me to physio. Monday evening I tried the pose, immediately the who bottom of my back started to tingle and feel warm, followed by tingling up my back into my shoulder and down through my littlefinger. Anxiety through the roof. Saw physio the next day, he did reflexes and left foot not brilliant, said it was siatica and the other stuff with back/shoulder was related. Left work that day and my ar started to go tingly as I was driving. Something to add is I have carpol tunnel in both wrists, or had. I had release surgery 2 years ago on left so I know it's not that. My right is numb and I'm seeing them Wednesday for injection. Anyway Iver literally gone down a hole...not been ti work, crying all the time. I thought I'd seen a light when I booked an appointment for today with a osteopath that came highly recommended, then last night I go out the bath and was drying my hair when I thought my face feels odd. It felt numbish, left side again. Around my ear my cheek and lip. Since then holy god I'm a mess. Constantly pocking my face so now it hurts too. Sarthe osteopath and he said he thinks it's pressure on a nerve, did some bits and cracking, didn't really say much about my arm but he said something about tingling and MS!!!!! Wtf but I wanted to ignore his comment so didn't ask him to repeat. My father in law had MS and died, my dad had gillian barre and died unrelated but I saw what these awful things do. I have a 10 year old. I know I have MS anti just don't know what to do with myself, literally can't anymore xx

Re: MS for sure

Quote Originally Posted by chatty girl View Post
    I've not felt like I do now for many years. I'm 100% convinced I have MS now. It all started a few weeks back when I got up off the sofa and terrible pain somewhere in my left back thigh, couldn't put my finger on where exactly it hurt but it does, worse when I've been sat a long time. Fast forward a week later I got out the bath and the bottom of my left foot felt numb, tingling. The pain seemed to ease off, spoke to my doctor Monday and she said she thought it was siatica, to try something called the child's pose (yoga) and refer me to physio. Monday evening I tried the pose, immediately the who bottom of my back started to tingle and feel warm, followed by tingling up my back into my shoulder and down through my littlefinger. Anxiety through the roof. Saw physio the next day, he did reflexes and left foot not brilliant, said it was siatica and the other stuff with back/shoulder was related. Left work that day and my ar started to go tingly as I was driving. Something to add is I have carpol tunnel in both wrists, or had. I had release surgery 2 years ago on left so I know it's not that. My right is numb and I'm seeing them Wednesday for injection. Anyway Iver literally gone down a hole...not been ti work, crying all the time. I thought I'd seen a light when I booked an appointment for today with a osteopath that came highly recommended, then last night I go out the bath and was drying my hair when I thought my face feels odd. It felt numbish, left side again. Around my ear my cheek and lip. Since then holy god I'm a mess. Constantly pocking my face so now it hurts too. Sarthe osteopath and he said he thinks it's pressure on a nerve, did some bits and cracking, didn't really say much about my arm but he said something about tingling and MS!!!!! Wtf but I wanted to ignore his comment so didn't ask him to repeat. My father in law had MS and died, my dad had gillian barre and died unrelated but I saw what these awful things do. I have a 10 year old. I know I have MS anti just don't know what to do with myself, literally can't anymore xx
    So, from what you've said, it sounds like Sciatica (I have this) and the hand/arm stuff sounds classic with Carpal Tunnel (my husband has this so I recognise the symptoms).

The other symptoms you're experiencing, such as 'thinking your face feels numb', could actually be due to anxiety (stress response-adrenalin etc). Once we're at the level of anxiety where we go down the rabbit hole with anxiety, we can develop lots of symptoms and they generally play into whatever disease we imagine we have..

Your father-in-law having MS is of no relevance to you medically speaking, and my understanding of Guillain Barre is that it's not a hereditary condition. (It's also predominately males who get it).

You don't 'know' you have MS; you think you have MS, just as I did I when my symptoms were of a neurological nature. (Mine were due to cervical spondylosis...)

Thread Information