Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Peregrine Nest (Live coverage)

Re: Peregrine Nest (Live coverage)

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    You’re gonna be soo proud of me! I knew that was Marillion
    I thought you would

I listened to Beautiful and Easter while I was preparing the dinner today. I have my firm favourites. Such lovely melodies.

Gosh, don’t these threads always get back to basics with us.

Ghost…Spillways

They do. Beautiful taken from their Afraid of Sunlight album 1995. Easter from Season’s End 1989.

Do you ever see that new game show with Ross Kemp? The other day they had LOTR characters.

PS - I couldn’t possibly listen to Marillion before going out anywhere. They would get me so hyped up!!

I reckon those Peregrines have borrowed Frodo’s elven cloak. I haven’t seen sight of one yet. I suppose though, they haven’t started on the nest yet. Things will pick up.

I have caught a few episodes of that Bridge tv show. But I missed that one. Let’s be honest Fishman….me and you together would have smashed it and come away with loads of cash Not as much if they did a Marillion one, you would be helping me along but you, being the biggest Marillion geek ever ( it’s true..don’t get denying it) would nail it and bankrupt the BBC.

Ghost…Spillways

It is a bit early yet for much activity, I 'think' they assessed the site. They were both wearing hard hats and carrying clipboards. Anyway falcons, unlike hawks and eagles, don't actually build much of a nest. Its usually just a scrape.

Fish has done his FB broadcast today, 'Fish on Friday'

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    I 'think' they assessed the site. They were both wearing hard hats and carrying clipboards.
    You keep your unique sense of humour Fishman and you won’t go far wrong.

Ghost…Spillways

Is this the same nest you posted about 12 months ago? Birds are lovely, and so clever. Fascinates me that their small brain is so smart. And it still baffles science how birds know how to migrate and navigate during the migration. Like they can sense magnetic fields?

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Is this the same nest you posted about 12 months ago? Birds are lovely, and so clever. Fascinates me that their small brain is so smart. And it still baffles science how birds know how to migrate and navigate during the migration. Like they can sense magnetic fields?
    Yes its the same nest Wired, same parent birds too I think.

Yes birds and navigation. Swallows return to the same barn they nested in the year before. Arctic Terns fly to South Africa, then return to not only the same beach in Scotland as the year before, but within 2 metres of the spot used previously. Could we do that in an aircraft with maps and compasses?

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Yes its the same nest Wired, same parent birds too I think.

Yes birds and navigation. Swallows return to the same barn they nested in the year before. Arctic Terns fly to South Africa, then return to not only the same beach in Scotland as the year before, but within 2 metres of the spot used previously. Could we do that in an aircraft with maps and compasses?
    Oh that's fascinating I remember watching the nest last year and there were some little cute chicks in there. Amazing creatures.

We have a big bird that flies around here. It's not an eagle, but it's almost as big. It comes out every summer and is like a beast in the sky compared to the other birds. I love watching him/her.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information