Thread: Rabies anxiety striked again after months of being free from it.

Post Rabies anxiety striked again after months of being free from it.

Hi guys, so yesterday, I was in a restaurant with a lot of people. We were sitting inside and i got up to go to talk to someone and my jacket fell on the floor. When i came back, i picked up my jacket and saw something spilled on it and when i looked down, i saw a straw and water like or slippery thing spilled on the floor, took a picture of it too. Now i had cuts on my hand, and when i picked up my jacket, the wet part that got on my jacket when it fell touched my cuts and everything.
    Now i am scared that rabies saliva was on the bottom of my shoes and it was not a drink or food that got on my jacket but rabid saliva from my shoe or someone else's because it was slippery too. When i came home, i started to examine my jacket and found saliva like thing on my right hand of my jacket. Of course i thought it was saliva, it was white,, looked like very much saliva, but could have been something else, drink, food, from the wet spot that it was dropped in accidentally.

Now, i touched the jacket for 30 min and the cut on my right finger started to itch and burn, could rabies saliva went into my finger i did not feel any saliva touching my finger where the itchiness and burn happened, but still scared that it might have been that. when this happens. I know this is a stupid question but i am just wondering. My finger is feeling weird now but that may be due to me being focused on it.

Was it just from touching and that finger got an allergic reaction?

I have a picture of that spot where something was spilled or the potential saliva.
    IMG_E4381.jpg

This is not a joke, guys, I am truly scared again after being rabies anxiety free for months. Thank you

Am I overreacting, was this mud from outside because it was raining heavily yesterday, or food or drink that got spilled or was it seriously saliva of something that was on my shoe and it got into my cuts when I picked up my jacket because my jacket was very wet after it because it fell on that wet spot? And is the itching and burning have anything to do with it, or was it just allergies? Thank you

Re: Rabies anxiety striked again after months of being free from it.

This is literally bat-guano crazy.

Thx for replying, I know this sounds dumb and stupid but i can't calm down and my mind is creating every scenario there is to this. Thank you

It's okay, just keep reminding yourself you're being illogical.

Am I overreacting
    Yes, very much so.

The photo clearly shows a spill from something. That's what was on your jacket. The burning is just because a) you're more aware of your fingers now and b) you have cuts on your fingers that are healing.

Think about the countless people in the world who have dropped their jackets, jumpers, phones etc onto the wet ground and picked them right back up again. Imagine all the people who work in construction, who regularly get cuts and nicks on their hands while they scoop up mystery dirt! Not one of them have contracted rabies from that.

You need to step back from the scenario you've created here and accept that it's not even within the realms of possibility.

Alright, thank you for replying, yes you are right, it is just my anxiety talking, the only thing that i am a little scared is that itching and burning sensation that i felt on my finger while analyizing my jacket.

But maybe it was due to allergic reaction or something, but my mind goes straight to something illogical, like thinking that rabies saliva got into my finger, i don't even see a cut on that finger that i felt the burning and itching sensation. My mind creates this stupid scenarios and makes me fall into the stress hole again. Thank you again for replying.
    Last edited by ShadowStorm777; 01-03-23 at 00:17.

Ok, i will try, thank you again very much for replying.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStorm777 View Post
    Alright, thank you for replying, yes you are right, it is just my anxiety talking, the only thing that i am a little scared is that itching and burning sensation that i felt on my finger while analyizing my jacket.

But maybe it was due to allergic reaction or something, but my mind goes straight to something illogical, like thinking that rabies saliva got into my finger, i don't even see a cut on that finger that i felt the burning and itching sensation. My mind creates this stupid scenarios and makes me fall into the stress hole again. Thank you again for replying.
    You can do this. I know the feeling all too well, believe me. Check out my post about rabies and you'll see the illogical rabbit holes I went down too. You might even laugh at the absolutely ridiculous scenario I cooked up for myself!
    I'd developed OCD behaviours and everything was a possible rabies threat. Once I started addressing the root cause of the anxiety, those feelings disappeared. In my case, I was severely deficient in a bunch of vitamins which is known to cause massive increases in anxiety. I'd be insisting I wasn't actually anxious, yet I'd then have these huge spirals of phobias that turned me into a shivering mess. Getting my vitamin levels back to normal, along with therapy, helped tremendously.

Have you been to a therapist about this anxiety?

Your fingers are just fine. They could be burning due to a myriad of completely normal, harmless reasons. I had burning in an area I was convinced I'd been bitten on and it was my brain playing tricks on me.

Thank you very much for responding, I will try to take control of this anxiety because it is ruining my life for no reason. I am just 19 year old and already stressed for no reason. Thank you very much for your answer.

Thread Information