Thread: Abnormal Ecg

Abnormal Ecg

Hey you guys! After a few years I知 back 😩 went to the er today because I was sweating having chest pains and when I took my home blood pressure it was varying from 124/80-150/116 mainly in the 130s over high 80
    Range. Well I freaked out of course and my ecg came back non specific t wave abnormality, worse in anterior leads. Chest X-ray and blood tests were normal. Now I have to call the cardiologist tomorrow. Anyone have this? I worked so hard on my anxiety and I知 afraid it痴 coming back full speed or my heart is failing at 41 😩

Re: Abnormal Ecg

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showth...-spiral!-HELP!

I've added the link because it can be very helpful to look back on historical posts...

Last time (2018) the trigger was the death of a friend, right? So, my first question is - has anything like that happened recently?

Secondly, have you been asked by your doctor to take home BP readings? (if not, why are you doing this?).

Thirdly, if you're female it's possible that you're starting the menopause..

Finally, I've had historical abnormal ECG readings - inc my heart rate being stuck at 145 for several hours. I was referred to cardiology where they tested me and concluded that my heart's structurally fine, so don't read too much into the referral...

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showth...-spiral!-HELP!

I've added the link because it can be very helpful to look back on historical posts...

Last time (2018) the trigger was the death of a friend, right? So, my first question is - has anything like that happened recently?

Secondly, have you been asked by your doctor to take home BP readings? (if not, why are you doing this?).

Thirdly, if you're female it's possible that you're starting the menopause..

Finally, I've had historical abnormal ECG readings - inc my heart rate being stuck at 145 for several hours. I was referred to cardiology where they tested me and concluded that my heart's structurally fine, so don't read too much into the referral...
    Thanks for replying lady! Yesterday I was sweating most the day especially my hands and feet. I知 just getting over a sinus cold that had me in bed all weekend. I have high blood pressure and have been on meds for about 13 years for it and it always been normal readings for the most part. I got home from work and took my bp because of the sweating and pains in my chest. Reading were all over the place where as when I take readings once a month or every few months they are normal. I had a reading of 150/116 and freaked.

Quote Originally Posted by CHELLEB1017 View Post
    Thanks for replying lady! Yesterday I was sweating most the day especially my hands and feet. I’m just getting over a sinus cold that had me in bed all weekend. I have high blood pressure and have been on meds for about 13 years for it and it always been normal readings for the most part. I got home from work and took my bp because of the sweating and pains in my chest. Reading were all over the place where as when I take readings once a month or every few months they are normal. I had a reading of 150/116 and freaked.
    I reckon this is your answer...

Re the BP monitoring...

If your doc has asked you to monitor yourself, fine. Otherwise, it's not the best idea when you have health anxiety..

If you have an infection, this will affect your blood pressure..

Thread Information