Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stomach bloating keeping me up at night

Re: Stomach bloating keeping me up at night

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    First thing, see a doctor. It's common sense to see one when we have symptoms that last several weeks, and they're new for us. It's 2023. Nobody has to be in discomfort these days, and that's what the doctor is there for...

Stress causes IBS. IBS causes symptoms like bloating, loss of appetite, abdominal pain (yes, at night too) and weight loss is inevitable if you're eating less due to lack of appetite.

It's not the best idea to be eating junk food while your digestive system is struggling, it's better that you try to eat low FODMAP foods - little and often - until things settle down..

Stop worrying about the night pain.. if I eat the wrong things (like cabbage, mushrooms etc) then my colon will let me know in the night. Certain foods gas us up more than others and excess gas can cause pain, so treat the symptom and address the cause.

One thing's for sure.. the more you stress out about this, the more symptoms you will have...
    Thanks for replying. I have eaten noticably less the past 2 weeks. I ate more yesterday and gained a bit of weight back, is that a good sign? To be honest visiting the doctor is really stressing me out, really afraid of testing and waiting, but I have an appointment this wednesday.

Quick update, visited the doc, she explained that unless someone loses 10% of bodyweight in a short time there is room for concern, which wasn't the case. My appetite has come back and I gained some weight back. I think a stressful job is not helping at the moment. Thanks for helping me out

Well I didn't have sleepless nights for 5 weeks, but the last 3 days it's back again. I had one sleepless night, with bloating but also suspected cafeine abundance. I slept 12 hours the day after with help from temazepam. The day after I slept 2 hours only after the bloating finally disappeared.

I'm scared again. The stomach bloating is not always present, no blood in my poo, a bit of weight loss but I'm also eating less. Just typical IBS? I'm scared to sleep and to eat. Does the fact that the stomach bloat is not present during the day rule out the big C? I know this is a stupid question but I can't think rationally right now

I get a lot of bloating at night. I find typically taking Gaviscon clears it up. Have you tried that?

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for replying and I'll keep it in mind. The bloating has been gone for now!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information