Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stomach bloating keeping me up at night

Stomach bloating keeping me up at night

Since 3 weeks I'm having annoying stomach bloating, which sometimes keeps me up at night or wakes me up. It doesn't happen every night. I'm more stressed out than usual the last few months, but I've never had this before. Is this normal, I'm thinking cancer of course. Please reply, this is stressing me out

Re: Stomach bloating keeping me up at night

Quote Originally Posted by Arie12 View Post
    Since 3 weeks I'm having annoying stomach bloating, which sometimes keeps me up at night or wakes me up. It doesn't happen every night. I'm more stressed out than usual the last few months, but I've never had this before. Is this normal, I'm thinking cancer of course. Please reply, this is stressing me out
    Anyone please, I will probably see a doc this week but I'm worried sick

I get bloating with my IBS. Drinking peppermint tea helps with this..

Thanks for replying. I was just under the impression that night pain is a red flag. Although it's not pain but more annoying

Thanks for replying. I was just under the impression that night pain is a red flag. Although it's not pain but more annoying
    Just sounds like you need a decent fart...

What's your diet like?

Well the last 3 days gut went back to normal, it seems like I have these attacks once a week? Does that rule out the C word? I visited the doc, she suspected IBS and gave me psylium, also back on the prozac...I have cut out mostly cafeine and fatty foods, I hope this will help....

Does that rule out the C word?
    Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks for replying. I remember you saying this in other threads. I have no other complaints except for the occasional bloating in the night, but I'm dreading every night fearing it will happen again. This helps

I still have these stomach cramps once a week. Ate mcdonalds yesterday so that's probably the culprit, but I can't seem to rationalize. I've lasted 8 days on prozac before the constant nausea made me quit, I've lost 3 kg in 2 weeks because of the lack of appetite. The combination of weight loss and stomach cramps is really stressing me out. Just me looking for a bit of reassurance I guess, I'm just terribly stressed

I still have these stomach cramps once a week. Ate mcdonalds yesterday so that's probably the culprit, but I can't seem to rationalize. I've lasted 8 days on prozac before the constant nausea made me quit, I've lost 3 kg in 2 weeks because of the lack of appetite. The combination of weight loss and stomach cramps is really stressing me out. Just me looking for a bit of reassurance I guess, I'm just terribly stressed
    First thing, see a doctor. It's common sense to see one when we have symptoms that last several weeks, and they're new for us. It's 2023. Nobody has to be in discomfort these days, and that's what the doctor is there for...

Stress causes IBS. IBS causes symptoms like bloating, loss of appetite, abdominal pain (yes, at night too) and weight loss is inevitable if you're eating less due to lack of appetite.

It's not the best idea to be eating junk food while your digestive system is struggling, it's better that you try to eat low FODMAP foods - little and often - until things settle down..

Stop worrying about the night pain.. if I eat the wrong things (like cabbage, mushrooms etc) then my colon will let me know in the night. Certain foods gas us up more than others and excess gas can cause pain, so treat the symptom and address the cause.

One thing's for sure.. the more you stress out about this, the more symptoms you will have...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information