Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Extreme racing heart

Re: Extreme racing heart

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkling_Fairy View Post
    I've noticed that! My stomach is the main issue. I have digestive issues every day. And it very much determines how I feel. I try to get everything outside done in the morning before I eat, because once I eat I feel like crap.

Yep, been there. The relationship is 1:1

Looks like you've found the question, so now you need to find the answer.

For me it was keto/carnivore. I'm not dogmatic about it, but the difference it makes to my digestive and mental health is enormous.

Again, YMMV but worth looking into.

Yeah, I definitely said to myself last night no more alcohol! I hadn't had anything in a while, and it was the weekend so I thought: ah, go on!
    I understand, SP.... the last time I had that thought (and followed through), I was ill for a week, so now I just accept that alcohol (even in the smallest amount) isn't worth what I have to cope with afterwards...

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I understand, SP.... the last time I had that thought (and followed through), I was ill for a week, so now I just accept that alcohol (even in the smallest amount) isn't worth what I have to cope with afterwards...
    Yeah, and I'd gotten some really good news at work on Friday so on Saturday I thought I'd celebrate with just one drink in my own house.
    It's weird. I definitely don't always react badly to it. But I'm just in a phase right now where my body is over sensitive, and I react to anything and everything. So lesson learned, no alcohol for me for a while.
    I think it was also the fact that it was rum & coke. Alcohol and caffeine combined, recipe for disaster!

Yeah, and I'd gotten some really good news at work on Friday so on Saturday I thought I'd celebrate with just one drink in my own house.
    It's weird. I definitely don't always react badly to it. But I'm just in a phase right now where my body is over sensitive, and I react to anything and everything. So lesson learned, no alcohol for me for a while.
    I think it was also the fact that it was rum & coke. Alcohol and caffeine combined, recipe for disaster!
    Do you have any allergies at all? (Hay fever etc)

Food for thought (no pun), but it's geniunely weird that alcohol is even legal.

Imagine a company trying to introduce a new substance to the market now that impaired speech, thought, judgement. Raised aggression, impaired ALL cognitive and physical functionality. Was addictive and contributed to most chronic illness that we recognise today. On top of that it 100% increases anxiety and depression in most poeple.

No way it would even get to market.

Do you have any allergies at all? (Hay fever etc)
    Not that I'm aware of. I think it was honestly a combination of bad drink/bad food, things that sometimes bother me all seemed to bother me at the same time. When I think about it now and ask was it really that bad, then no it wasn't really that bad.
    I'm still convinced my heart was around 180, but it lasted for 20 minutes. I never felt dizzy, I never felt like I was going to pass out, I spent the entire time walking circles around my backyard barefoot to try and slow it down, which worked. But the fact I was physically able, says a lot.
    Sure in the moment it was very scary. But I'm not even fearful now of it happening again, because at the end of the day it wasn't as bad as it felt in that moment.

Not that I'm aware of. I think it was honestly a combination of bad drink/bad food, things that sometimes bother me all seemed to bother me at the same time. When I think about it now and ask was it really that bad, then no it wasn't really that bad.
    I'm still convinced my heart was around 180, but it lasted for 20 minutes. I never felt dizzy, I never felt like I was going to pass out, I spent the entire time walking circles around my backyard barefoot to try and slow it down, which worked. But the fact I was physically able, says a lot.
    Sure in the moment it was very scary. But I'm not even fearful now of it happening again, because at the end of the day it wasn't as bad as it felt in that moment.
    The reason I ask is that people can become sensitive to histamine. One of the symptoms is a high heart rate, and certain foods (and drinks) are a lot higher in histamine than others...

When your system has had a chance to settle down, and you want to try alcohol again, maybe start with those which are lowest in histamine? Basically, the lighter spirits like gin and vodka etc, are lower in histamine..

I have a problem with histamine and sulphites, so I don't drink at all now; it's just not worth feeling ill for a week after half a glass..

The reason I ask is that people can become sensitive to histamine. One of the symptoms is a high heart rate, and certain foods (and drinks) are a lot higher in histamine than others...

When your system has had a chance to settle down, and you want to try alcohol again, maybe start with those which are lowest in histamine? Basically, the lighter spirits like gin and vodka etc, are lower in histamine..

I have a problem with histamine and sulphites, so I don't drink at all now; it's just not worth feeling ill for a week after half a glass..
    Seconding Nora's (always wise) point. Histamine could trigger an episode of tachycardia like SVT where your hr shoots up and stays high for minutes or hours. I often get SVT when I eat or drink anything high in histamine, or anything my system has decided it hates. It first happened to me about 8 years ago after a glass of white wine. I was fine one minute, and the next, my heart just suddenly shot to 160, then stayed around 140 for a solid hour until it quickly resolved after I sneezed hard (probably accidentally did some kind of vagal manoeuvre). Now, if I drink anything with alcohol, my heartrate goes mad.

You mentioned having digestive issues and feeling awful after eating, which can also be a sign that the body is reacting to histamine.

It happened again tonight!
    No alcohol tonight and stayed away from gluten and dairy today.

But tonight my stomach suddenly started feeling really gassy. Then my heart rate went up.
    Then I got cramps and had to go to the bathroom (which happened last time too) and after that my heart went even faster. Lasted for about 10 minutes.

I did actually measure it this time to see if it was around 180, but it was actually 160. That instantly calmed me down ‘cause I don’t think it’s that bad.
    2 minutes later it was already at 130,

I am feeling anxious now though. I know I shouldn’t be ‘cause it’s not harmful, but my body automatically reacts with feeling anxious. I’ll just have to ride it out.

I don’t think it’s caused by anxiety. I think it might be my vagus nerve being triggered. I did try the valsalva manoeuvre but that did nothing. Just really annoying!

It happened again tonight!
    No alcohol tonight and stayed away from gluten and dairy today.

But tonight my stomach suddenly started feeling really gassy. Then my heart rate went up.
    Then I got cramps and had to go to the bathroom (which happened last time too) and after that my heart went even faster. Lasted for about 10 minutes.

I did actually measure it this time to see if it was around 180, but it was actually 160. That instantly calmed me down ‘cause I don’t think it’s that bad.
    2 minutes later it was already at 130,

I am feeling anxious now though. I know I shouldn’t be ‘cause it’s not harmful, but my body automatically reacts with feeling anxious. I’ll just have to ride it out.

I don’t think it’s caused by anxiety. I think it might be my vagus nerve being triggered. I did try the valsalva manoeuvre but that did nothing. Just really annoying!
    Why are you assuming 180 is bad but 160 is ok?

Your body isn't dumb enough to put you in that kind of danger.

For the record, my first major panic attack (which came out of the blue) my HR was well over 180bpm (hooked up to an ambulance ECG 20 minutes after it started) and the paramedics weren't concerned.

YOU are causing this issue by assume negative connections to something that is not dangerous.

You don't need to check your heart rate again. That's part of the anxiety behaviour.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information