Thread: ALS anxiety hell

ALS anxiety hell

Hi everyone.
    I'm currently deep deep inside the ALS rabbit hole.
    Firstly about 5 weeks ago I noticed I had some twitching in my tongue, I could feel them when they happend a few times a day.
    Went to uncle Google and this is how my Journey down the hole started .
    However the twitches stopped maybe about 3 days into it and with the twitching gone so did my anxiety.
    2 weeks after, I developed some twitches in my right bicep and forearm. Uncle Google again in the second article I've read mentioned that bicep twitching can be a sign of MND.
    Now its been about 2 weeks from then and I think I might have neck issues as all this while I have a sore neck and some funny sensation in my arm too so I finally began to calm a little attributing the twitches in my arm to a bulged disc ( fingers crossed).
    Last night was supposed to be my first night in a week that i would get a somehow peaceful night, but with my luck twitching striked again! This time? Its my abdomen. I'm 98% (lol) sure that is a twitch although im very bloated around my belly so I was wondering if it was gas, but surely gas would not be able to move my belly for me to even see fluttering up and down in the same space.
    Off I went to my beloved uncle Google and again, the firts article I read stated that fasciculations in the abdomen are usually harmless but sometimes, they can be a sign of MND. ( freaking out)
    Of course I haven't slept but 3 hours, totally worrying about it.
    The sensation in my abdomen is still there comes and goes...Feeling bloated too...
    Let me add i do have occacional jerks like feelings at rest that I atribute to my anxiety.
    Im known to overthing, overreact illnesses.
    This one is really bad as I still have the arm twitch not in one muscle only but one arm.
    I haven't eaten and slept properly in days.
    Despite all this Im not ready to go to a neurologist yet..Im too scared..
    ( i dont have any clinical weakness as far as I know Im quite strong in the twitching arm too).
    Reading the sticky helped a little but then off I went to read the actual posts on the ALS forum and it contradicted it so much I cant find reasurance in it anymore.
    IM 38 FEMALE

Re: ALS anxiety hell

Let me just tell you, I would love if we could swap symptoms. I wouldn't worry even slightest with your symptoms. Hell, I had twitching for a year, and I wasn't worried until other symptoms started.

Ha!...Im sorry if Im coming accros like a lunatic. Is your twitching constant?..like your abdomen lets say...or it comes and goes?...im glad you are doing better with regards to worrying though...I haven't seen any doctor yet..At least yiu have been reasured...
    I need to find the courage as i can't stay like this for long.
    My abdomen twitch is quite strong literally feels like baby kicking...very destressing.
    Btw love your name..lol..
    I should have named myslef Hypo85

Biceps is constant for over a year even though I don't feel it sometimes. I am not checking everything else all the time, but ai do know that when chiropractician put some electricity thing on my back for therapy I couldn't do it as my abdomen started twitching very very strongly to the point of being quite painful.

To be honest, twitching is not really a sign of ALS without weakness. And yes, I know there are stories of some people having it, there are also some case studies, but there are many more stories of people striked by a lightining.

Rationally I know, ALS rare, ALS before 40 even more rare, ALS that starts just with twitching extremely rare.

The problem is that we are irrational and we are saying, yeah but there is still a chance, right? And if we were living our lives like this we would never leave the house as there is literally higher chance to be killed by a car while we are crossing the street.

Thread Information