Thread: Work related panic?

Work related panic?

I am posting this mainly to get it off my chest as I do find it helps.

2 weeks ago my HA flared up, this was expected. I had to have a blood test before starting a treatment with dermatology. The treatment is fine and is for nothing serious but I was convinced my blood work would show some underlying issues. It didn't, I am fine and I have started treatment. Despite being ok the HA persisted which I knew it would. Couple this with over exercising, under eating and a very stressful week at work, I ended up having a funny turn at work where I went light headed. This then made my HA even worse. I took some time out, got a massive amount of sleep, did my breathing exercises and meditation and began to feel normal again. I went to work yesterday and felt fine on arrival. Within an hour a piece of news stressed me out and panic rose! Fluttery chest, dizzy head, fast breathing sense of dread etc and it lingered all day until an hour before I left at which point it calmed down I suspect because I new I was leaving. I was left with the anxiety hangover, tired, brain fog etc.

I am not in work today and I feel better. Still have the anxiety hangover but no panic etc.

Is it possible that I am experiencing chronic stress and that work is causing me to have increased anxiety and bring on panic attacks?? Can one location do that to you?? And how to I controll it?? Is this GAD??

Re: Work related panic?

Quote Originally Posted by imogen84 View Post
    I am posting this mainly to get it off my chest as I do find it helps.

2 weeks ago my HA flared up, this was expected. I had to have a blood test before starting a treatment with dermatology. The treatment is fine and is for nothing serious but I was convinced my blood work would show some underlying issues. It didn't, I am fine and I have started treatment. Despite being ok the HA persisted which I knew it would. Couple this with over exercising, under eating and a very stressful week at work, I ended up having a funny turn at work where I went light headed. This then made my HA even worse. I took some time out, got a massive amount of sleep, did my breathing exercises and meditation and began to feel normal again. I went to work yesterday and felt fine on arrival. Within an hour a piece of news stressed me out and panic rose! Fluttery chest, dizzy head, fast breathing sense of dread etc and it lingered all day until an hour before I left at which point it calmed down I suspect because I new I was leaving. I was left with the anxiety hangover, tired, brain fog etc.

I am not in work today and I feel better. Still have the anxiety hangover but no panic etc.

Is it possible that I am experiencing chronic stress and that work is causing me to have increased anxiety and bring on panic attacks?? Can one location do that to you?? And how to I controll it?? Is this GAD??

That's enough to do it.

Try not to attach labels to things. What you're describing isn't even remotely close to chronic stress. Miles off.

Worrying about tests and not looking after yourself is enough to provoke anxiety though. But again, don't label it as 'work panic'. It's just panic that happened at work. Work isn't bringing the panic attacks on, it's the cumulative effect of different things.

Lay off the over exercising, eat better, take care of sleep, carry on deep breathing etc. You know that'll sort it out eventually.

Re: Work related panic?

I also start to feeling that my new work cause the panic. Because I'm not sure that I can handle it. And I'm worried that my boss will fire me, but I need this money for a living.

Thread Information