Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: paroxetine

paroxetine

just been put on paroxetine as other druges werent helping. Anyone had any experiance on this one?
    thanks
    xxx

Re: paroxetine

Ivy

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen for some similar threads.

Loads on it here.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Ivy,

Out of interest - what are you suffering with and what other meds have you tried?

Paroxetine (Seroxat) is an excellent medication when you are on it.

Ivy,

I have been on Paroxetine for about 3 months and its helped me a lot. Only taking 30 mg. The first 2 weeks was rough but after then I felt almost completely normal. What are you taking it for and how much?

George

i'm taking it for anxiety the odd panick attack and depression. only put on 20mg just to see how i react to it.
    thanks

Hello Ivy and everyone.

I hope you dont mind me asking but i was wondering how you are getting on with the Paroxetine...

I have just started taking it myself...I know that everyone is different and that it takes time to work..There is also a lot of bad press about Paroxetine and i am doing my best to ignore it.

I am suffering with bad Nausea and feel quite bad, it has only been 5 days on 10mg to get used to it and then go up to 20mg...hopefully the side effects will wear off a bit soon, any advice from anyone who has taken this med is very welcome aslong as its positive and not make me feel worse,lol.

I hope you are feeling ok Ivy

Best Wishes
    Carmel

Nausea is a common side effect of most of the ssris/snris to the best of my knowledge. It's just something you have to go through during the side effect period. It shouldn't last longer than two weeks. However, when you increase the med again you may get the same side effects. Any increase/decrease of a medication will cause side effects.

Paroxetine is a good medication - especially if you are a first time user. I think it will help you.

I have been on Paroxetine for years and am taking 60mg. don't think I have had any side effects. I know that when you come off of them you have to taper slowly.

i havent felt as sick on this as the others ive tried, but im sleeping so much, feel like im sleeping pills! wich i spose isnt too bad but weird as im used to not sleeping etc! hope your getting on ok with it carmel.
    ivy
    xxx

The sleepiness will wear off Ivy sohopefully its a good sign. Paroxetine is a sedating anti depressant whereas the other SSRIs can go either way - i.e. sedate or activate.

I've found Paroxetine to be a god send.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information