Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues that people don't seem to make such a big deal of like they once did

Re: Issues that people don't seem to make such a big deal of like they once did

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    You've no more chance of 'moving on' from these things as I have with King Chaz and his side-chick Queen. THOSE PAIR GRIND ALL MY GEARS. THE INJUSTICE!!! ARRRGHHHHH!!!

Autistics have the tenacity of limpets when it comes to shizzle they feel passionately about. (My English teacher got a taste of this when I handed in a 20 page essay on Duran Duran in 82 ha ha)

The Neurotypical Guide of How to Live With an Autistic Human..

Rule number 3: Let them bang on about stuff you have no interest in...

Amma right, Len?
    Yes you are Nora, despite the fact that sadly there's still far too many people out there who see us Auties as a hindrance and seem to long for the days before 'PC-gone-mad' when and where they could be as ableist as they pleased with impunity, both physically and verbally.

I never forget those condescending words from a couple of staff members at college back in the mid 90s who blatantly said that I would probably never be employed by anyone as they thought I was too slow, distant, and therefore a hindrance to them alone. Needless to say, I called it quits there soon after.

In fact, that particular college has a long-running track record for chaotic management, general lack of accountability, blame culture and endless chopping and changing of things. My mom actually worked there herself from 2004 through to 2013 when she finally retired, so I heard plenty of iffy stuff about the place.

I bet your teacher wasn't too enthusiastic about Duran Duran though, and no doubt believed they were a corrupting influence on kids at the time, even though they seemed relatively tame compared to certain other acts, both then and now. Incidentally, their 1982 hit 'Hungry Like The Wolf' reminded me of a staff member at the nursery I attended at the age of 3 1/2 in late 1980-early 1981 who reeked to high heaven of BO, and inadvertently stank the whole place out, which I covered in another thread on here last year.

Wow, you're unpleasant.

You're not automatically entitled to people's attention and support. I think this is something that a lot of autistic men in particular never learn, their mindset is static because nobody's ever expected them to grow emotionally or make any sort of effort to get on with others.

It's a disability, not an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    You've no more chance of 'moving on' from these things as I have with King Chaz and his side-chick Queen. THOSE PAIR GRIND ALL MY GEARS. THE INJUSTICE!!! ARRRGHHHHH!!!

Autistics have the tenacity of limpets when it comes to shizzle they feel passionately about. (My English teacher got a taste of this when I handed in a 20 page essay on Duran Duran in 82 ha ha)

The Neurotypical Guide of How to Live With an Autistic Human..

Rule number 3: Let them bang on about stuff you have no interest in...

Amma right, Len?
    But it's still ok to challenge them when it gets intolerable for the person having to live with them.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Wow, you're unpleasant.

You're not automatically entitled to people's attention and support. I think this is something that a lot of autistic men in particular never learn, their mindset is static because nobody's ever expected them to grow emotionally or make any sort of effort to get on with others.

Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Yes you are Nora, despite the fact that sadly there's still far too many people out there who see us Auties as a hindrance and seem to long for the days before 'PC-gone-mad' when and where they could be as ableist as they pleased with impunity, both physically and verbally.

I never forget those condescending words from a couple of staff members at college back in the mid 90s who blatantly said that I would probably never be employed by anyone as they thought I was too slow, distant, and therefore a hindrance to them alone. Needless to say, I called it quits there soon after.

In fact, that particular college has a long-running track record for chaotic management, general lack of accountability, blame culture and endless chopping and changing of things. My mom actually worked there herself from 2004 through to 2013 when she finally retired, so I heard plenty of iffy stuff about the place.

I bet your teacher wasn't too enthusiastic about Duran Duran though, and no doubt believed they were a corrupting influence on kids at the time, even though they seemed relatively tame compared to certain other acts, both then and now. Incidentally, their 1982 hit 'Hungry Like The Wolf' reminded me of a staff member at the nursery I attended at the age of 3 1/2 in late 1980-early 1981 who reeked to high heaven of BO, and inadvertently stank the whole place out, which I covered in another thread on here last year.
    Wouldn't you like to work though? Prove them wrong. There's more to life than your fear of "The Media".

I was in my 30s before I was able to get more than temp or contract work, Lenco, despite going out of my way to get myself qualified for a specific role.

Happiness is out there, and fulfilment, but not if you bury yourself in old resentments and refuse to engage with the world.

I also note that you seem to have minimal tolerance for the health conditions and foibles of others.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Wow, you're unpleasant.

I just wish I was sectioned or sentenced to imprisonment for once and for all. Especially as I've been told I'm unpleasant.

Then I'll be out of sight, out of mind and won't be a hindrance to society any longer.

In fact, I won't even be posting on this forum any longer and I'm naffing off for good.

See you all, Bye!
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 17-03-23 at 18:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I just wish I was sectioned or sentenced to imprisonment for once and for all. Especially as I've been told I'm unpleasant.

Then I'll be out of sight, out of mind and won't be a hindrance to society any longer.

In fact, I won't even be posting on this forum any longer and I'm naffing off for good.

See you all, Bye!
    The pity card? Really? BIWISI

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    But it's still ok to challenge them when it gets intolerable for the person having to live with them.
    Of course it is, but if you're talking about the NT/autistic dynamic, then I'd argue (from personal experience) that it's not always the autistic person that's causing the problem...

Not always, I agree, but Lenco refuses to accept responsibility for his own actions, and then we get this sort of drama if he is challenged.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information