Thread: Zopiclone - splitting

Zopiclone - splitting

My GP has prescribed me a 3.75 mg dose to use as and when I want after 2 chronic insomnia years and everything else (non medicinal) tried. She said in the consultation that it was possible to split the dose up into smaller amounts - so that I could use the smallest amount possible to see what works at the start (and because I am terrified of meds and need to start small). I have the pressed tablets here now, that say they are 'film coated' but have no score line. Does this mean that I can't split them further - has anyone done so ? I know that the large dose tablet can be split, and it seems that plenty are cutting 3.75mg online into quarters - but thought I'd check on here.
    Last edited by Carys; 20-03-23 at 13:22.

Re: Zopiclone - splitting

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    I have the pressed tablets here now, that say they are 'film coated' but have no score line. Does this mean that I can't split them further - has anyone done so ? I know that the large dose tablet can be split, and it seems that plenty are cutting 3.75mg online into quarters - but thought I'd check on here.
    Yes, you should be able to split the tablets, but check with your pharmacist. Film coating are usually applied to tablets to protect the ingredients from moisture and in some cases oxygen. And please use a proper pill-cutter available from all good pharmacies (and most bad ones too). Not only are they more accurate than knives you won't have to count how many fingers you still have when you're finished.

Re: Zopiclone - splitting

Thanks so much panic_d_u, I was hoping you'd reply

Thread Information