Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to gain weight

How to gain weight

I'm currently in a bad patch with high levels of anxiety. I'm accepting it and waiting for my nervous system to de-sensitise, which is going to take a while.
    I have no appetite at all and I feel like I just can't lose any more weight.
    I weight 50kg and am 1,62m so I'm on the low end already.

I bought some Complan sachets as I heard they are meant to help people with low appetite to gain weight. For the time being, as literally anything I eat makes me feel like hurling, can I drink 5 of these a day and maintain my calories that way until my body settles?

Re: How to gain weight

My mother has Complan. I think you can have between 1-3 per day.

Have you tried soups? They are easy to eat. Yoghurt. Anything that slips down easily for the moment.

Ghost…Spillways

Thanks! I wasn’t aware it had a limit. But I just looked it up and it says between 1-2/day.
    I’ll definitely substitute in that case with soup and yoghurts

Keep in mind that while diet is vital in gaining weight, it needs to be the right diet. Also, and this is vital, muscle mass is the healthiest way to increase body mass. So yeah, exercise

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

True! But exercise burns more calories.
    And right now I have a really hard time ingesting enough calories so I’d like to get my food under control first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkling_Fairy View Post
    True! But exercise burns more calories.
    And right now I have a really hard time ingesting enough calories so I’d like to get my food under control first.
    I hear you but it truly is both. Back in my younger years I was into body building and was a certified fitness coach. I consumed 6 small meals a day comprising of a lean protein and low glycemic carb. I also was at the gym every other day lifting weights. So yes, your diet is vital but exercise, even if its a mile or two walk is just as important.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

https://www.uhcw.nhs.uk/download/cli...eart_Final.pdf

You probably know all this anyway but it may help a little bit? I would certainly concentrate on conserving your calories until your weight stabilises and you feel stronger in yourself and ready to exercise. Walking daily will increase your appetite but start slowly and build up as you in.crease and tolerate your food intake?Fortisip drinks are an alternative to Complan.

Thanks for that helpful guide!
    I have heard of Fortisip. Seems very difficult to come by in Ireland though

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkling_Fairy View Post
    I'm currently in a bad patch with high levels of anxiety. I'm accepting it and waiting for my nervous system to de-sensitise, which is going to take a while.
    I have no appetite at all and I feel like I just can't lose any more weight.
    I weight 50kg and am 1,62m so I'm on the low end already.

I bought some Complan sachets as I heard they are meant to help people with low appetite to gain weight. For the time being, as literally anything I eat makes me feel like hurling, can I drink 5 of these a day and maintain my calories that way until my body settles?
    I wasn't able to eat properly for about a year when I had my breakdown. I just felt sick all the time and couldn't face proper food, I lived on Complans and Rich Tea biscuits...

and that was ok I’m assuming?
    Woke up starving, had a sandwich, felt sick for 2 hours 🤷*♀️

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information