Thread: Bug bites, maybe

Bug bites, maybe

I’m here again with something else that comes under my two-decades of HA (it comes and goes, I cannot complain)

I stayed in a hotel for a few nights last week and have returned home with what looks like bug bites on various parts of my body, maybe about 15-17 in total on legs, back, belly and several on and below breasts, which is what is worrying me. Of course I now think I have the start of inflammatory breast cancer, even though there are bites on both breasts and elsewhere on my body. I sleep naked (sorry if TMI but felt that was important to point out in this case)

Can someone talk me down? The older bites are already starting to calm down and go away but I have ruined my weekend so far catastrophising.

I checked the Trip Advisor reviews for the hotel and no one mentioned bed bugs or anything like that and my partner hasn’t noticed any on him. We also did a bit of outdoorsy stuff but fully clothed.

Re: Bug bites, maybe

Are these 'bites' itchy? Just because your partner's not been affected, doesn't mean they're not bites. It may have happened whilst you were out.

Re: Bug bites, maybe

Thanks for replying, Ninnie. The bites were a bit itchy at first but not the maddening itch of a mozzie bite, for example. Most of the bites are starting to resolve and some have gone away but there are a couple on my breast which are still a bit angry. I guess that’s because the skin is thin and sensitive there, as opposed to on the back, for example. At least that’s what I’m telling myself. Not a good time for me, I’m back on the HA wagon sadly.

Thread Information