Thread: Is this a bat bite, scared of rabies

Is this a bat bite, scared of rabies

Hi guys, I live in the USA i was outside 1 hour ago checking the mail. It is dark outside, it was around 10 P.M. I was with slippers and socks and i felt a stinging sensation on top of my foot. I looked down, saw nothing but when i came home i saw a pinprick spot with redness on my foot. It is itching right now and there is a red spot on it. Saw no blood.

Now my mind cant calm down because i think a bat came bit me and went away without me noticing.

( How to upload the picture from an iphone) thank you
    Last edited by Fear7888; 01-04-23 at 09:02. Reason: Need to write one more thing

Re: Is this a bat bite, scared of rabies

You fell victim to the old ninja bat delusion. If it was a rabid bat that bit you, it couldn't have gotten away in the time it took you to look down at your foot. Bats become incredibly lethargic to the point of paralysis when rabid, as well as incredibly loud with their constant screeching. You absolutely would've noticed a bat clumsily and noisily try to fly off your foot and fail.

Re: Is this a bat bite, scared of rabies

Quote Originally Posted by Smw View Post
    You fell victim to the old ninja bat delusion. If it was a rabid bat that bit you, it couldn't have gotten away in the time it took you to look down at your foot. Bats become incredibly lethargic to the point of paralysis when rabid, as well as incredibly loud with their constant screeching. You absolutely would've noticed a bat clumsily and noisily try to fly off your foot and fail.
    Thank you for responding. I know, i did not feel anything other than the stinging sensation, no animal feeling on my foot nor any noises, just the night and the silence. but the anxiety still tells me that it could have been a bat, you just did not notice it. Part of my skin is peeled off there but no blood, nothing. It hurts when i touch that spot. The fear is not going away. I know this sounds irrational thinking but still i am scared
    Last edited by Fear7888; 02-04-23 at 00:39. Reason: Adding

Thread Information