Thread: Lightheaded/Brain Fog caused by Depression? Help!

Lightheaded/Brain Fog caused by Depression? Help!

Has anyone experienced or heard of my problem? I’m at my wit’s end with this now!

So for the last 4 years around Oct/Nov time I become very lightheaded and suffer brain fog?
    My tinnitus gets unbearably loud and I get a dull pain in my ears? Often I feel confused and not able to do simple things? This will last on/off until April/May time?
    I have seen many doctors and ENT, they say there is nothing wrong with my ears etc?
    All that is said is that inflammation is the cause?
    My thinking is that I suffer severe SAD or something to do with seasonal allergies?
    Obviously the situation makes me feel very low and is frustrating!

Today I spoke to a new doctor and she is convinced that my symptoms are down to depression, and I kind of agree with her now.
    Since I stopped taking Antidepressants over a year ago (Sertraline) I’m going to be starting a new one this week.
    I used to suffer badly with anxiety for many years, but after certain life changes I’ve been anxiety free for over a year now. Naturally I’ve always suffered with depression but I really think it’s got worse the last few years and I’ve not noticed how bad it’s got.
    So has anyone else experienced the same.
    Thanks Gav.

Re: Lightheaded/Brain Fog caused by Depression? Help!

Hi, I am currently going through a really bad stage of anxiety and depression. The main physical symptoms that are bothering me are lightheaded/dizziness and also a kind of pressure that’s in my ears sometimes. These kick off all my anxiety symptoms and each day feels like things are getting worse and darker as my mood is severely affected.

Thread Information