Thread: sleep issues

sleep issues

Hi I'm having weird sleep for a while ,were I will sleep max 6ish hours and jolt awake. I also have been waking up in awkward positions. I have been going through alot of anxiety and depression, it seems when I have a bad day the next day I will jolt awake in a weird position. I don't do this when my girlfriend sleeps in the same bed, but that's sometimes only a day or two a week. Anybody got any ideas how I can a more comfortable sleep.

Re: sleep issues

I'm not a great sleeper when I'm anxious. Firstly try not to worry too much, I've most definitely been there and got myself into a right state worrying that I'm not getting enough sleep and then that makes it worse and the cycle continues.

There's a whole rake of things that will help; setting yourself a good routine- going to bed at the same time, no-electronics in the bedroom, no stimulants in the evening, not eating too late. Spend the evening doing relaxing stuff, consider some guided meditation/yoga. If you wake up in the middle of the night/early, get up don't lie there worrying. I get up, go downstairs and read - if it's the middle of the night I'll be up for a while, read, then I can go back to bed and sleep for a bit, if it's early I just start my day a little earlier.

There are a lot of other tips on this site that can help.

Re: sleep issues

Quote Originally Posted by welshman88 View Post
    Anybody got any ideas how I can a more comfortable sleep.
    Get the girlfriend round more often?

Actually, I'm the opposite to you. I have one decent (ish) night's sleep on a Thursday when my husband sleeps on the sofa because he's been out on the beer..

Best advice I can give is to work on lowering your anxiety levels and practice good sleep hygiene...

Thread Information