Thread: I feel like my brain doesn't work properly due to my anxiety. Any advice?

I feel like my brain doesn't work properly due to my anxiety. Any advice?

I have had some horrible anxiety and moderate panic attacks recently (last week or so) and since last weekend I've had this brain foginess and generally feel like my brain isn't working properly. It's frustrating. I feel like I have a head cold, congestion in the nose etc. I saw the Dr yesterday and he checked me over, i.e. blood pressure, checked my chest, my ears, checked for a temperature/fever etc, but nothing. It is so annoying to be anxious like this. I am a hypochondriac too, so whenever I feel a bit rubbish I will start thinking the worst about my health. I will think I have this or that, something else. I don't know, I just wondered if you have any advice and if you suffer from this too and what helped you.

Re: I feel like my brain doesn't work properly due to my anxiety. Any advice?

Check out this area of the site. There are many subjects, articles and other helpful info. What works for one person may not work for another. You have to find what works for you and that link is a good place to start.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by AzorAhai19 View Post
    I have had some horrible anxiety and moderate panic attacks recently (last week or so) and since last weekend I've had this brain foginess and generally feel like my brain isn't working properly. It's frustrating. I feel like I have a head cold, congestion in the nose etc. I saw the Dr yesterday and he checked me over, i.e. blood pressure, checked my chest, my ears, checked for a temperature/fever etc, but nothing. It is so annoying to be anxious like this. I am a hypochondriac too, so whenever I feel a bit rubbish I will start thinking the worst about my health. I will think I have this or that, something else. I don't know, I just wondered if you have any advice and if you suffer from this too and what helped you.
    If you're in UK pollen allergy might also be a factor? I get exactly the same symptoms of brain fog and head cold this time of year. My stress levels are also through the roof at the moment but I'm pretty confident I can tell the difference. Try an OTC antihistamine and see?

I am exactly the same at the moment and sitting still I'm fine but as soon as I start doing tasks it kicks in. I am also in a major health anxiety flare up and having to convince myself it's doen to that! I am coming out the other side, managed to do away with panic and palpitations just need to clear this head now!

Thread Information