Thread: Stomach, right side chest and side of back pain and IBS

Stomach, right side chest and side of back pain and IBS

Hi all

In November last year I had a really painful episode of right upper quadrant pain. It lasted around 4 hours and it kept me from standing up straight. I had this episode following a really fatty chinese takeaway. Nothing was diagnosed at the time.

Since then I've had blood tests, CT abdomen and pelvis (with contrast) scan, CEA and Ca19-9 test, FIT test, diabetes test, HIV test, physical examination. In March last year I had an ultrasound because I was complaining of a bad back and sore shoulder (posture), nothing found on that either.

Symptom wise I have had sore throat, sore glands, tingly fingers, dizziness, tiredness, lethargy, pain in my lower right tummy, pain in my upper right tummy, pain in my right chest, right back too.

The only medical finding ever found was a low platelet count of between 111k and 116k and it is stable.

I'm either feeling pain but I can function or I have to sit and relax because it hurts a lot.

The only diagnosis ever made was IBS, which I have a hard time believing. Sadly, my mother passed away in March this year, which another doctor said could cause health anxiety too.
    Last edited by Jonathanbrsc; 11-04-23 at 18:50. Reason: Title edit

Re: Stomach, right side chest and side of back pain and IBS

Anyone? I feel worse each day

Lung cancer worries.

Hi all

Has anyone had pain in their right side back, lower ribs? I don't feel it when I wake up but shortly after waking it comes back, dull ache sometimes more painful. When I stretch I can feel it sort of moving around my ribs.

I'm terrified I have lung cancer.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Anyone?:(

Well

If anyone is reading

I had a chest xray and it was clear, no sign of malignancy or reason why I have pain in my ribs.

I'm at my wits end, I have pain and nobody seems to know why.

Honestly it sounds a whole lot like the gallbladder pain I had. Turns out I had gallstones and the gallbladder had to come out. Was some of the worst pain I’ve ever had and it definitely radiated around to my right side back.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    Honestly it sounds a whole lot like the gallbladder pain I had. Turns out I had gallstones and the gallbladder had to come out. Was some of the worst pain I’ve ever had and it definitely radiated around to my right side back.
    I thought this, but they ruled it out with ultrasound and CT scan :(

Thread Information