Thread: Chest pains and bloating?🥺😢

Chest pains and bloating?🥺😢

Hi! I am continuing to have hard time and really struggling every day. Seems like the symptoms I get are only getting worse. And no one really understands or have enough patience...
    I have been worried about my heart for a while because I get increased heart rate, even in the 120s and sometimes feel strange beats and bubbly feelings in my chest. Almost always when I have these problems I am bloated or I get burping episodes. So I have been trying to associate these and tell myself it is nothing with my heart. But it does worry you when these go on and on if it may affect my heart!
    Anyway, sometimes I also feel discomfort in my chest with it or random pains. But since yesterday I started having these awful shooting pains! And the worst thing is it is on the left side! So when it started I was convinced I am having a HA or PE, or something very serious! The pain is not constant, it just comes on briefly like lightning! And it isn't in the same spot! It shoots under my breast, on the side, near my armpit, all over and very random! Often it happens when I move or do something. It feels so bad! I am having a lot of bloating and burping is at all time high last few days! No matter if I eat or not!
    I was going to the GP for another reason (the lengthy heavy period I just had and wrote about recently) when the pain started, which was a coincidence! When she heard the burping she completely dismissed it! My heart rate was in 120s and oxygen was ok, and she just listened to my heart for a second and said it was just indigestion and I was fine! If the pain was anywhere else I would be fine with that! But no matter how logical you try to be when something feels like this in your chest, it is hard to just brush it off and take anything less than certain!
    So I was trying to calm down, but thinking about the heart worries I had for a while, I decided to talk to my private insurance GP to possibly see a cardiologist at some point. I did not expect her to tell me to go to A&E! She said it doesn't sound like anything serious with my heart, but only they can really confirm. She wrote me a referral letter and said I should go!
    This made me worry again, so I went. When I got to A&E they actually sent me to a GP referral ward! I was so terrified when they started doing tests that my heart rate was into 140s! They took my BP several different ways, oxygen, EKG and blood tests, including troponin and d-dimer and all came back fine, apart from my TSH and my heart rate being high. So they said they think it was anxiety and that I need to adjust my thyroid hormone which could also have impact - although I think that would be overactive thyroid, not my case! The pain was not that bad when I was there which kind of makes things worse for me a little!

Anyway, I went home and should have been reassured! But when I got home and went to bed I started having even worse shooting pains and horrible burping, like the contents of my stomach was going to come up! I understand I would feel pressure or something like that with stomach bloating, but how does it make sense to have these type of pains!

I am still getting them bad today �� I want to be brave and just continue as normal and hope they will go away, but it is hard!

Has anyone ever experience this type of pain?

Re: Chest pains and bloating?🥺😢

Quote Originally Posted by mila View Post
    Hi! I am continuing to have hard time and really struggling every day. Seems like the symptoms I get are only getting worse. And no one really understands or have enough patience...
    I have been worried about my heart for a while because I get increased heart rate, even in the 120s and sometimes feel strange beats and bubbly feelings in my chest. Almost always when I have these problems I am bloated or I get burping episodes. So I have been trying to associate these and tell myself it is nothing with my heart. But it does worry you when these go on and on if it may affect my heart!
    Anyway, sometimes I also feel discomfort in my chest with it or random pains. But since yesterday I started having these awful shooting pains! And the worst thing is it is on the left side! So when it started I was convinced I am having a HA or PE, or something very serious! The pain is not constant, it just comes on briefly like lightning! And it isn't in the same spot! It shoots under my breast, on the side, near my armpit, all over and very random! Often it happens when I move or do something. It feels so bad! I am having a lot of bloating and burping is at all time high last few days! No matter if I eat or not!
    I was going to the GP for another reason (the lengthy heavy period I just had and wrote about recently) when the pain started, which was a coincidence! When she heard the burping she completely dismissed it! My heart rate was in 120s and oxygen was ok, and she just listened to my heart for a second and said it was just indigestion and I was fine! If the pain was anywhere else I would be fine with that! But no matter how logical you try to be when something feels like this in your chest, it is hard to just brush it off and take anything less than certain!
    So I was trying to calm down, but thinking about the heart worries I had for a while, I decided to talk to my private insurance GP to possibly see a cardiologist at some point. I did not expect her to tell me to go to A&E! She said it doesn't sound like anything serious with my heart, but only they can really confirm. She wrote me a referral letter and said I should go!
    This made me worry again, so I went. When I got to A&E they actually sent me to a GP referral ward! I was so terrified when they started doing tests that my heart rate was into 140s! They took my BP several different ways, oxygen, EKG and blood tests, including troponin and d-dimer and all came back fine, apart from my TSH and my heart rate being high. So they said they think it was anxiety and that I need to adjust my thyroid hormone which could also have impact - although I think that would be overactive thyroid, not my case! The pain was not that bad when I was there which kind of makes things worse for me a little!

Anyway, I went home and should have been reassured! But when I got home and went to bed I started having even worse shooting pains and horrible burping, like the contents of my stomach was going to come up! I understand I would feel pressure or something like that with stomach bloating, but how does it make sense to have these type of pains!

I am still getting them bad today �� I want to be brave and just continue as normal and hope they will go away, but it is hard!

Has anyone ever experience this type of pain?
    The last part of your message sounds just like acid reflux!

Thread Information