Thread: MS hug? Extreme chest tightness, fatigue

MS hug? Extreme chest tightness, fatigue

I dont know if this could be caused by anxiety alone. I sometimes get this extreme pressure feeling around my chest, going up into my neck and also around my stomach and back. Its very uncomfortable and feeling like someone is squeezing me really tightly. It makes me feel like I can't breath properly and also causes fatigue, dizziness, causes me to feel generally unwell. I first had it about 4 years ago and it comes and goes. Sometimes I will not have it for many months and I completely forget about it, but other times I have it on/off for weeks. It always starts when I am not feeling anxious too which is why I feel more worried about it. I googled it and ms hug comes up and it's exactly what these symptoms feel like.

Can this really be anxiety alone? There have been times where I've been extremely anxious, such as the endless months in lockdown and I never and I never had any of these symptoms, so it doesn't really make sense. I've seen my gp about it in the past, had blood test, ecg and they found nothing. It's been over 3 years since I last had any tests though so I'm going to go back and see them. Just wondering if anyone else gets anything like this?
    Last edited by Marie89; 13-04-23 at 17:20.

Re: MS hug? Extreme chest tightness, fatigue

More likely to be muscular, but anxiety can absolutely cause chest symptoms..

I have recurrent Costochondritis - yet another perk of Fibromyalgia. Unpleasant, but not harmful. I treat the symptom with painkillers (Ibuprofen)

Thread Information