Thread: Constant burping

Constant burping

Hi there, does anyone else suffer with constant burping? I burp anywhere between 50-100 times a day and it is really dragging me down tbh, as I am constantly focused on it, counting each burp on my phone, worrying about it all the time. I got in contact with the doctor a couple of weeks ago and got an h.pylori test done, which came back negative. I arranged another appointment but they can't see me for another week or so and it's driving me nuts! I managed to get my hands on some famotidine (pepcid) from one of those online pharmacies, which I think I will give a go tomorrow to see if makes any difference. Tbh though, I am kind of scared taking it though because what if it doesn't work?

It all started when I had a round of suspected gastritis (at least that's what my doctor told me) where I had nausea, burping, bloating and feeling full quickly, which seemed to mostly clear up after a month or two, but then I was left with just the burping. I have tried all sorts of diets and it just doesn't seem to make a difference what I put in my tummy, it will make me burp for hours after. The only thing that seems to make a difference is the size of the meals I have. Large meals = massive amounts of burping for hours plus sometimes a little bit of reflux as well. Small meals = lesser amount of burping, no reflux at all.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has been through this kind of thing? Thanks!

Re: Constant burping

I totally relate to this, as a person who very rarely burps all of a sudden for the last month I’ve done it constantly.

I’ve put it down to anxiety and my breathing being poor, I keep yawning/watching my breathing so figured I’m hyperventilating every so slightly

Yes, I get this. Anxiety can cause is but also if you gulp tea or drinks, rush your food, gulp in air or eat when you are feeling stressed. It does settle eventually.

I don’t know why it happens but I get this too. I started noticing mine after a bad stomach virus years ago. Now I have times where it is really bad and then it will be back to normal for a while. I have noticed that it generally happens when there is something else “off” in my GI system. Even something as simple as being just slightly constipated is enough to throw my system off and cause burping. I’m sure a lot of things can cause it but I would say what your are expecting is nothing serious. I have had this for several years and I’m still here

You are probably air swallowing so look that up

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information