Thread: Chest Tightness / Reflux

Chest Tightness / Reflux

Hi all

I had a cough cold back in December. Cough was quite bad and forceful. I remember one day coughing and getting a sharp pain in my chest / abdomen area.
    Jan time I developed reflux symptoms. GP gave me omeprazole and things were 99% better after a few weeks.
    I finished them and within a few days I felt symptoms were returning, but not as bad. GP gave me more omeprazole.
    I have now finished those and a few symptoms are creeping back. They are not as bad as first symptoms but one I don't like is chesr tightness after eating.

I am female, early 40s.
    I try not to think this is something serious.
    I wonder if the coughing gave me a hiatal hernia but the GP hasn't mentioned anything other than 'reflux'.

Re: Chest Tightness / Reflux

The fact the PPI took care of the issue shows its reflux. Coming off a PPI cold turkey can have a rebound effect and cause it return with a vengeance. It happened to my wife recently. Her doctor reduced her PPI by half and she was fine but when she stopped, it hit her hard. She phoned the doc and she put her back on it at a lower dose and she's fine now. Also, diet is vital. Look into the FODMAP diet and keep a journal of what foods aggravate you and avoid/eliminate them.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information