Thread: Colon cancer fears - right side pain

Colon cancer fears - right side pain

I hope everyone is well. I posted on here a couple years ago about another issue I was having and the site helped me to get out of the hole I almost fell into again. I thought I would come back with another issue that has come up and my anxiety is running away again.

In January I wasn't really watching my diet and was having some stomach issues. I didn't think much about it until I had a bowel movement and had blood on the toliet paper. It was new to me so I started to worry, but it cleared up within a day. A month later, still not watching my diet fully, it happened again, but cleared up and hasn't happened again. At this point, I made a appointment my doctor and started eating healthy again trying to lose some weight. The doctor, being cautious referred me to a gastro. The gastro was nice and explained to me that since it wasn't a constant issue that it was probably hemorrhoids and to start treating them. I did so, and after a month things started to clear up and it was getting comfortable again. However, since this has started it has made me worry to the point that I am checking every bowel movement for irregularities or if it's flat, thin, is that blood???...etc.

Fast forward to two weeks ago. I was at a friend's house and started feeling this pain on my right side. The pain moves from my lower right belly area to my right groin/pelvic area and back. It isn't really intense just a nagging pain that won't go away. Along with the nagging pain I have indigestion and what I believe to be mild cramping that comes and goes. I am not sure if the indigestion and mild cramping are related to anxiety or accompanying whatever this pain is. I have tried stretching, adding a probiotic, and reducing caffeine. I have made an appointment with my GP again to discuss it with her and see if she will line up a CT. I don't want her to think this is an anxiety thing, but I have there twice in two months.

And of course, like alot of people on the anxiety bus, I have looked at Google for answers to only find that alot of my symptoms lead to colon cancer. So naturally, I have been trying to find stories related to mine or going on reddit reading about people with colon cancer. I have fully convinced myself that is colon cancer at this point. Thank you for anyone who took the time to read this, just thought I would see what everyone thought. Especially with the pain issue going on currently.

Re: Colon cancer fears - right side pain

Hi
    Just thought I'd drop a quick note on here as I've been in the same boat for 20 years or more but it never fails to unnerve me a bit when it happens. I've been at the doctors with it just this week and she said it was a fissure, possibly ulcerated and told me to keep on with Movicol, my usual medication, until it clears up. She also wants me to take an FIT test which detects unseen blood in the stool, I did one last year which was clear, so the anxious side of me wonders why I need another one already, still at least she's being thorough. As for your pain, well I have one as well which comes and goes. At eh moment I'm blaming it on being overweight and a sofa that needs replacing. It could be that simple or it could be something else but there's a limit to the number of things I can worry about and that's one for another day

Hope yours works out okay, it doesn't sound like your doctors too bothered at the moment. Don't worry about bothering her with it, she should be used to people having anxiety issues after the last few years.

Take care now.

Re: Colon cancer fears - right side pain

Morning. I wanted to follow up. I had my appointment with my doctor. She had me do a CT, blood work, and urinalysis. I received the all clear and nothing to be seen at this time. I am going to seek assistance with my anxiety as I seem to keep jumping off the edge every time something bothers me. I always check Google when I have symptoms and then make myself sick. This site has been a big help to push me to get help. I appreciate anyone who took the time to read this post.

Thread Information