Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MND fear

Need rationalising my brain

Hi all

I'm really struggling with this MND/ALS fear atm. I've done far too much research on this disease and wish I hadn't. I'm convinced that anxiety and exercise has caused it. My right foot and calf have been twitching 24/7 for the past few weeks, it's driving me nuts.

I just can't see this being anything else. I take citalopram and propranolol for anxiety. I know the twitching isn't caused by a deficiency in magnesium as I supplement with it along with others. I just really believe this is it, from all the years of health anxiety. That I really have this disease.

Re: MND fear

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Worried_91 View Post
    Hi all

I'm really struggling with this MND/ALS fear atm. I've done far too much research on this disease and wish I hadn't. I'm convinced that anxiety and exercise has caused it. My right foot and calf have been twitching 24/7 for the past few weeks, it's driving me nuts.

I just can't see this being anything else. I take citalopram and propranolol for anxiety. I know the twitching isn't caused by a deficiency in magnesium as I supplement with it along with others. I just really believe this is it, from all the years of health anxiety. That I really have this disease.
    Anybody?

Why won't you see doctor?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I guess I'm scared what the results may be? I also feel bad time-wasting. But I am certain what I'm experiencing is sinister, I wish I hadn't done so much research into this terrible disease.

But not knowing is clearly stressing you out more so just go and get it checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    But not knowing is clearly stressing you out more so just go and get it checked out.
    Agreed. Reassurance isn't going to help so

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

8. Re: MND fear

While your concerns about weakness, cramping, and tingling on your right side are understandable, it's important to remember that these symptoms are not exclusively linked to ALS and could have other, more common explanations. Seeking professional help from your doctor is crucial for accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment. Additionally, consider pausing your gym routine, focusing on stretching and strengthening exercises, and ensuring proper hydration to see if these measures improve your symptoms. Finally, stay positive and avoid drawing conclusions about your health based on internet research. Trust your doctor's expertise and follow their recommendations for optimal care.

Hi all

This ALS fear is really taking over now. I'm not actually worried about the twitching.

I'm concerned that excitotoxicity is a factor in causing it. I'm worried that all the anxiety I'm experiencing is causing glutamate excitotoxicity, which in turn will cause ALS.

I can't shake the anxiety of it and I guess I'm on here looking for reassurance. I just want to rid myself of this now. It's debilitating.

Did you go to your Dr? I’m the same as you - I’ve been twitching for 6 months - measuring my calves. One is bigger than the other - but it’s debilitating isn’t it. I’ve been to the Dr twice and she’s done tests on me and said nothing is wrong i don’t need to see a neurologist / but why am i still twitching?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information