Thread: MND Fear

MND Fear

I posted on this forum once 2 months ago for a rabies scare after a deep headache and head tingling appeared out of the blue. Since then, my symptoms now come to include whole-body muscle twitching, shakiness and percieved weakness in legs and hands, a sort of "buzzing" sensation in my arms and feet, random feelings of wetness and searing heat on random splotches of my feet and hands, etc. Recently, my right hand seems to be getting worse. Constantly shaking and feeling weak, alongside an occasional cramping of fingers.

I realize I have a health anxiety issue. I've had two month-long bouts of rabies scares before, and I've experienced just how powerful your brain can be when it tricks you with psychosomatic symptoms. Just reading symptoms would cause me to get them within a few days time. What's getting me with this bout is that some of these symptoms I'm feeling have shown up without me reading about them. It's really started to weigh down on me, and I'm starting to fear the worst, like ALS. I just don't know what to do.

Re: MND Fear

Perhaps stop reading about symptoms. Increase your immune system with Vitamins C, D, and zinc. Eat or drink protein supplements. All these things can help you.

Re: MND Fear

I've had all those symptoms from anxiety before. I too thought I had some serious neurological issue going on ( mine was after my Covid vaccine so it felt very real to me and I thought that I had some horrible reaction going on and my brain just spiralled). My doctor reassured me that serious neurological conditions are about failure, not feeling. I could still do everything I normally did but "felt" weak or "felt" trembly etc etc..By failure she meant - you can't even hold a mug or pick up a pen or you physically couldn't walk etc...Sure enough once she talked sense into me all those symptoms faded away.

Thread Information