Thread: Raccoon sighting…

Raccoon sighting…

I was running on a trial today and of course saw a raccoon. I was on a bridge and it saw me and ran. Unfortunately, I had to run over the bridge again and saw it run underneath the bridge the second time. I tried to be calm through this and then I remembered that rabies can be spread through “open wounds” and I noticed my dog scratched me on my lower calf earlier in the day. Now I am spiraling.

Re: Raccoon sighting…

How can you catch rabies from a raccoon just by running over a bridge - it's impossible.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It was on the bridge itself and ran underneath once it saw me. I just imagine my cut on my leg hitting something (a stem of a plant, something from the bridge, etc.) and it has the virus on it and got in my cut. Not sure if that is scientifically possible, my assumption is not based on your reply….

Not possible at all.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I can totally share your fear. You will be ok!! No chances at all. I am so freaked out. We are seeing them on our deck despite doing everything possible to deter them. We live in a wooded area. I am not even wanting to use the deck now without lysol spraying it down.

Thread Information