Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Covid Again... More nervous than I expected!

Re: Covid Again... More nervous than I expected!

So much anxiety, still! I keep convincing myself that I’ve got chest pain (I’m sure it’s muscle and stress related) and that I’m having Covid heart complications. I keep noticing palpitations and other heart stuff - but when I actually feel my pulse I don’t notice them. I have tingling in my feet and twitching in my temple. I mean, basically ever anxiety symptom.

Thankfully I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow that I made for a totally different reason a few weeks ago. She said it’s fine for me to come in person so I will likely feel a great deal of relief once I see her. She’s been away so that’s also been stressful - not being able to chat with her when I got Covid.

Im so sick of anxiety and Covid. Ughhh. I don’t even have any Covid symptoms anymore! I only felt sick for two days!

Personally I think the thought of having Covid creates a lot of anxiety as a hangover from the days when it was much more serious. It's going to take time for us all to relax about it and accept that its going to stay around and we're all going to get it periodically. Don't beat yourself up Erin, just try and focus on the everyday things and life will return to normal.

Thanks, Catkins! I think you’re right. I was feeling fine at my doctor’s appointment yesterday and then later in the afternoon started feeling shortness of breath. My rational mind knows this is because the pollen was absolutely horrendous yesterday and I was out driving in my pollen covered car. I took an inhaler puff, had a shower, and laid down and I felt better. Then I slept fine all night. This morning I’m still convinced my lungs feel weird and so I’m getting myself into a panic that I’ve got a blood clot since risk of blood clots increases with Covid. I’ve read all the data and know that the risk increases from incredibly unlikely to ever so less incredibly unlikely. But, that’s anxiety for you!

I’ve been sick so many times this year and this time with Covid was by far the mildest! I was only sick for two days. And I took Paxlovid anyway and now I’m already negative on day 7. I hardly even had a fever, never had a cough, was moving around a lot, etc.

But you’re right. There was just such a massive amount of trauma and stress around it that it will be hard to accept that we can get it and be ok. It’s such a weird freaking virus. I was feeling weird for over a week before I tested positive but all the weirdness I felt is gone so my doctor thinks maybe it was Covid the whole time! But yet, my husband and daughter never caught it, but my mom who was here for like 10 hours the day before I tested positive got it.

I think it’ll be easier and easier to cope with as we learn more about what it actually does do to the body, what really is long Covid, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information