Thread: Morning anxiety

Morning anxiety

Anyone else’s anxiety much worse in the morning I’m just a quivering wreck as soon as I wake up which is usually very early 4.30/5.00 it does seem to go down as the day goes on and by bedtime I’m physically and mentally exhausted

Re: Morning anxiety

im getting this now too but i put it down to being menopausal

I seem to be putting everything down to the menapause lately!

Yes me too. I'll often wake up at 4am with adrenaline rush internal tremors. Takes an hour or so to settle and I sleep an hour more. Still feel a bit on edge when I first get up and then it settles as I get into the morning routine. I'm 49 and heading for menopause too. I blame everything on hormones LOL. It's easier than adding extra worry

I try to blame the menapause but my anxiety riddled brain won’t let me believe always going a million miles an hour to the worst case scenario hate weekends when I’m not at work and used to love them

I know what you mean. I try to blame the hormones and the rational part of me tries hard to believe that but the health anxiety brain does kick in especially when it's something that hangs around for weeks. Doesn't help that the hormonal changes increase anxiety at that time of our lives when our body throws all sorts of weird and scary symptoms at us. For me at them moment it's a bunch of gut symptoms. I feel like I have morning sickness all over again. Keep telling myself it's common with perimenopause but still get those nagging "what if" thoughts.

It’s relentless isn’t it and exhausting which I also think adds to the symptoms feels like my thoughts never stop even when I’m asleep also anxiety is notorious for upsetting the tummy so you’re probably getting it from both sides ��

I get this as soon as I wake up a horrible feeling starts comes on all over my body first then all other symptoms start, can I ask do you do anything that helps or do you wait for it to pass, mine lasts all day sometimes and wears off in the evening.

Sometimes I will read my kindle but most times I just lay and think bad thoughts until I have to get up I have to be up quite early anyway it usually stays high until at least mid morning then starts to wear off as the day goes on but I think I’m just so worn out with it by the time bed time comes I’m exhausted I’m getting to the end of my tether with it all it never stops

Yes i try to read or i put the tele on but nothing works so end up getting up and walk round the house doing nothing really trying to cope with the feelings , go back to bed then up again when all I want to to go back to sleep because its so early , it didn't used to start till after I'd been up a while but now it comes on as soon as I open my eyes it's just horrible.

Thread Information