Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post menopausal bleeding.

Post menopausal bleeding.

Hi guys, really need some support here. I'm 57, 2-3 years post menopause.

At xmas, after straining hard to do a poo (was on co codamol causing constipation) I got a mild yet sharpish pain in or above my cervix area & when I wiped there was a staining of blood. I assumed this was because I was really bearing down hard.

All has been ok until one day around a week or 2 ago when I get those water infection type discomfort twinges, also at the top of my legs, no discharge so I put it down to need to drink more, which I did & it resolved gradually over a few days.

Wednesday morning I woke up, went to the toilet & there was a slight brown discharge upon wiping which happened the once.

Saturday (yesterday) I woke up to more spotting, some pinky red & that on off mild but heavy feeling you get before your period starts. The spotting has continued.

My docs are shut. Rang 111 who was so lovely who arranged a call back from the duty doctor. Some hours later got a call back from dr saying she couldnt refer me as only my doctor can. No app to get examined etc. Said she would recommend 2 week pathway to my doctor and send email to surgery. And told me to contact e support outlining the same thing then ring dr tomorrow!
    Message from e support saying they will aim to respond by 6.30pm TUESDAY

i SUFFER BADLY FROM ANXIETY, MAINLY HEALTH ANXIETY. (oops cap lock) I am medicated for it.

I'm on my own, hubby is at work & my kids live far away.

I am so scared, my eyes are so sore from crying. I dont want to die

Re: Post menopausal bleeding.

Chances are you'll be absolutely fine. There are a lot of harmless explanations for this, and the 2 week stuff is only precautionary.

Thank you for replying, im terrified & cant stop crying

Sending love and positive vibes; feel free to message me if you need to chat.

After an hour got through to doctors, face 2 face appointment with nurse at 10. Was told she can do referral. im in bits

Hope all went well with the nurse.

So the nurse referred me under the 2 week pathway. No examination, tried to test the 2mm of pee I squeezed out so had to do a sample after work & take it to the hospital. Didn't do a smear which I asked for told me to book (7th june!!!) hopefully they will do all of that sooner at my hosp app.
    Really not feeling any better, cried at work. Just thinking ive got cancer and i will die.

So, had an internal scan which everything looked normal, nothing abnormal seen. Will get a call from the doctor to go through things with me & if they want to do more tests. Now want the smear to hurry up as im still worried about that.
    Still waiting for my urine test results. edit - normal
    Last edited by Missye; 26-05-23 at 18:47.

Text and letter today, they said quick but this is fast!
    Appointment in clinic next Saturday 3rd to review and discuss my condition with me. However it also contained a patient leaflet about hysteroscopy and what to expect.
    She said all looks normal on scan, but im scared about cervical cancer as she didnt scan/look at that part.

It sounds like things are moving in the right direction with everything normal so far! When was the last time your had a smear?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information