Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post menopausal bleeding.

Re: Post menopausal bleeding.

Over 5 years ago. Thats what im worried about. No spotting since dr/nurse appointment on the 22nd when I was still spotting when wiping (been checking up there a few times a day since & nothing.

scared.

UPDATE

Dr (consultant) said everything looks normal. he said 100% nothing to worry about. Took womb biopsy, said womb lining very thin (normal) so confident nothing wrong there - ovaries fine. Harmless polyp in cervix removed, Showed it to me on the screen!. Sending off samples as routine but confident im 100% ok & nothing abnormal (his exact words)
    Procedure was uncomfortable, rather like when they put in a coil! Got very light bleeding which will clear up over a few days.

Still getting smear on Tuesday as I'm well overdue one.

Thank you all for your kind words. Hope this thread helps someone else xx

Well the letter came yesterday and I officially have the all clear. Nothing sinister found.
    Smear on Thur which was a bit sore as I'm healing there! Still a tiny bit of spotting from where they polyp was removed so she said they may recall me if this has compromised the test. I think seeing as the polyp was where they take the smear and as that has nothing sinister, I've better hope of a positive outcome from the smear either from the test just done or if im recalled.

Smear all clear x

Awesome!

Hi Missye
    I was so pleased to read that your tests were clear but sorry to hear how worried you have been.
    I have had a similar problem with slight bleeding after sex. I'm 56 and 3 years since menopause.
    The bleeding was occasional spotting, a few times over a week.

I couldn't get a doctors appointment, but spoke to my friend who's a midwife.
    Because of my HA, I was immediately worried about cancer, but she felt as the bleeding was minimal and had stopped for a week, that it was likely to be soreness from broken tissue etc.

Can I ask about the pelvic pain you had please?
    I have had some pain on both the left and right side over the last week.
    It is a sharp pain lasting seconds, which then goes away for a few hours.

I had twinges over the pubic bone and occasionally at the sides. Ask for an emergency appointment if you can, mention your anxiety and what you are worried about. if anything to have reassurance from the Dr or be sent to someone who will take a better look.
    My spotting was because of the polyp. Some time after I had it removed I realised the twinges had gone. Why I had them I never did know but scans never showed anything suspicious.

Its better to get checked out even if you spot or bleed just a few times.
    Put your mind at rest otherwise it will stay on your mind x

Thanks so much for your prompt reply and detailed explanation Missye. I'm going to try and see my doctor this week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information