Last year I was refferred to see a urologist by my local gp nurse practitioner because of a lump on my penis and severe itching. He was not sure what it was, and didn't prescribe anything for the itching.

Last January I had enough of the itching, with an anti fungal cream I managed to pull up the penis.

Lump turned out to be smegma,which has now gone.
The foreskin was very tight, but not so bad now.

I been putting anti fungal cream on it and washing daily which I think helps for a few minutes but hasn't got rid of the itching and redness at the tip of tge penis.

I asked one of those online doctors from a website, he thought, looking at the pictures it was balantitis and suggested I try some otc clotrimazole cream, it does help a bit better, the itching is less severe now, the foreskin is still a bit tight, but doesn't get stuck or hard to retract, it's all mild and only itches ocassionally, then goes away and comes back, there is still a bit of redness but very mild.

I recieved a letter saying I have an appointment with a Urologist for next month.

Since the lump which turned out to be smegma has gone and the irritation has reduced to almost nothing and the foreskin doesn't get stuck, I'm unsure if I should still proceed with the appointment. Apart from the long waiting list, the hospital is quite far, about 2hrs by bus.