Thread: Falling apart due to Qt Prolongation worries

Falling apart due to Qt Prolongation worries

I’ll preface this with saying I’m on Prozac and have been on and off maybe 4 or 5 times. I’m back on it now as I realize that I need it.

I say that to say this. This previous times I’ve been on it I’ve had all kinds of tests. I had a stress test, halter monitor, and an echocardiogram all back in October/November. I also recently had an ekg. I’ve had lots of ekgs while being on Prozac.

I know stopping and restarting SSRIs can change how they affect you and I’ve convinced myself that this time it’s going to affect my Qt range. Which I know seems irrational. I’ve had an EKG while being back on it this time after stopping and my QTc was 440. Another time a few weeks before it was 414.

I worry because at night my heart gets down in the 40s and I feel that it will prolong it. I also like to do strenuous exercise and worry about that. Even though on my stress test it’s noted I have above average exercise functional capacity.

I can’t shake these worries. Can someone please help me out. Also I’m only on 10mg of Prozac. But I’m scared to up it to a more therapeutic dose due to QT worries since the one ekg I had showed 440 qtc. I’ve never taken more then 10mg.

Re: Falling apart due to Qt Prolongation worries

I have never heard of that before, and even after Googling it, I still don't understand what it is. Why do you even know what this is? Are your a cardiologist? Have you ever had real heart problems before? (I'm assuming not).

Also, why in the world do you even know what your heart rate is at night? You must wear a monitor 24/7... And I suggest that you do NOT do that. I don't even know what my heart rate is ever, let alone at night when I'm asleep. Just focus on maintaining reasonably healthy habits. Don't obsess over monitoring your body and completely obscure bodily trivia that most people have never heard of.

Re: Falling apart due to Qt Prolongation worries

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information