Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rabies anxiety is back, Possible bat bite

Post Rabies anxiety is back, Possible bat bite

Hi guys, so I will cut to the chase. It was 5:30 P.M. and it was still very cloudy and very light outside. I was in my friend's car chatting with him and decided to get out of the car and while getting out i felt my hair on top of my head getting pulled or touching something.

Now my first initial thought was that i touched the roof of the car while getting out and my hair brushed against it and got tangled. My stupid rabies side is telling me there was a bat on top of the car and it came and bit me on top of my head. I have never seen a bat in real life and i did not see or hear or feel a bat while this happened. Thank you

My county is known to have rabid bats but my city fortunately does not see bats. Is this something to worry about or another rabies ocd? Thank you, and this is not a joke, I am truly worried.

Re: Rabies anxiety is back, Possible bat bite

If you were fully conscious, you would have noticed a bat flying around (they're not especially subtle) and you definitely would have felt the bite. Your hair was tangled on the car, I've had that happen frequently. You were not bitten by a bat.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Yes, I was fully conscious, yeah i think my hair got tangled but at the same time i am scared. The worst thing about this anxiety is that it would make me think the worst case scenario by skipping all the logical thinks first. I have never seen a bat in my life besides on the internet, so yeah i try to tell myself that this is my mind doing this but it feels like it is stronger than me. Anyway, thanks for your answer.

I also don't think it was a bat. I don't think they would be on the top of the car. I bet you anything your hair got caught in the crease where the rubber meets the metal on the door. Happens alot. Sorry to hear about your OCD. it sounds very debilitating. If you are obsessing over it - try taking a B12 vitamin tablet. I know that sounds random, but it really helps me when I have obsessive thoughts.

Thank you for answering, I hope it was not a bat, and you described the location very clearly too. While i was getting out, I touched that place with my head that you described and maybe it got tangled there for 2, 3 seconds and thats how i got this sensation. Anyway, thank you for your answer again. Never heard of B12 vitamins helping but will try. Thank you

I hope you feel better. That particular place in the car seems to catch alot of hairs and tear at them. Yes, definitely try a B12 lozenger whenever you have obsessive thoughts. See if you feel better. I'd love to know.. it always helps me.

Seconding the b12 thing. I had seriously bad ocd like tendencies when I had a vitamin deficiency. Completely gone now that everything is balanced out.

While i was getting out, I touched that place with my head that you described and maybe it got tangled there for 2, 3 seconds and thats how i got this sensation
    It was 5:30 P.M. and it was still very cloudy and very light outside. I was in my friend's car chatting with him and decided to get out of the car and while getting out i felt my hair on top of my head getting pulled or touching something.

Now my first initial thought was that i touched the roof of the car while getting out and my hair brushed against it and got tangled. My stupid rabies side is telling me there was a bat on top of the car and it came and bit me on top of my head. I have never seen a bat in real life and i did not see or hear or feel a bat while this happened
    Bats don't get tangled for two seconds and then deftly fly away. They're nimble in the air, but really quite clumsy when grounded, or on a flat surface. If one got tangled in your hair, it would be trapped, flapping around and making itself very obvious. They can't even raise their heads fully if lying belly down, so the idea of it crawling quickly over to your hair, getting tangled, biting and then disappearing would mean it had to be SuperBat. It's not something they're capable of. And think of the shiny surface of a car. Their tiny tiny feet cant cling to that. One landing on the top of a car would mean certain death for a bat because it leaves them far too vulnerable. They just wouldn't do it. And if they accidentally did, they wouldn't be nimble enough to crawl towards your hair for the brief moment it was level with the surface of the car.

Plus 5:30 and light outside is not bat time. They don't like being in the daylight. It makes them too much of a target to other predators.

Get your vitamin levels tested to see if you're low in anything. I had really low folate, b12, and vitamin D and it created a huge storm of ocd behaviour. It's definitely worth looking into

Thank you very much. Will try it.

Yeah to be honest, I am starting to tell myself and accept that there was no bat and it was just a normal thing that happened to me, not this unlikeliness that i am trying to create. I have had my mom check my head and the only thing scaring me is my head is very red and itchy but that could be from allergy, shampoo, etc because it was like this for a week, but still you know anxietyyy

Oh one more thing if you can answer, I would highly appreciate it. Today i went at 9 P.M. to give my neighbour something who lives very close to me, like seconds away. I gave them what i needed and when i was going back to my house, something dropped on my head, I immediately got startled and put my hand over my head to see what it was. I did not find anything, i did not feel any animal on my head, wings or something that would resemble a bat. Of course i got scared but could not see or hear or feel any bat at that moment. It felt like something dropped on my head and just fell in 1 second. The only thing on the ground was a piece of wood that was hard enough to hit my head, there were trees around me but not on top of me, maybe the wind blew it to my head??? My neighbour said she too saw some things dropping from the sky and told me not to worry about it. Would I have seen the bat, felt it, heard it? or was this really a bat that came and landed on my head or touched my head or something?? is this another overthinking? Thank you and sorry for the long sentences.

Yes you're overthinking. I've literally felt hard stuff collide with my head at the point of my phobia. It felt like an animal hitting my head and it was just a stupid berry off a tall bush. Your body is just in hypervigilance mode. It was just some random stuff falling out of the trees, or an insect bumping off you. Bats will avoid humans as much as possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information