Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else unvaccinated? They've basically stopped the vaccine already

Anyone else unvaccinated? They've basically stopped the vaccine already

It's a long story but I never got vaccinated in the past and fairly recently for certain reasons I decided I wanted to.

But May 5th was the last day! Darn!

So... I dunno. Maybe I'll have to go abroad somewhere to get it done but I have no idea where.

I didn't think they'd ever actually pull the vaccine because... I mean, has this ever happened before? That the vaccine for a contemporary illness is completely pulled? For example I can go to either the NHS or a private clinic and get vaccines against things like tetanus, measles and tuberculosis.

I guess sometimes strange things happen. I just need to work out the best way to navigate this situation!

Re: Anyone else unvaccinated? They've basically stopped the vaccine already

You can't get certain covid vaccines for the same reason you can't go in and ask for last years' flu shot.

Measles/TB/Smallpox/Tetanus are are wildly different than coronaviruses and comparing their vaccines to COVID/Flu vaccines is where a lot of anti-vax propaganda stems.

Where did you get that info from hoppi? I am sure you can still get the vaccines now.....

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/covid-...2D19%20vaccine.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Never had any of them. I had COVID numerous times, but I'm as fit as fiddle. I will not digress my opinions on the jab.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Never had any of them. I had COVID numerous times, but I'm as fit as fiddle. I will not digress my opinions on the jab.
    Never had any of them variants. I had COVID jab numerous times.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post

Likewise with Wired - I never got the jibba jabba. Had the virus in Feb 2020 along with most of London without realising until later what it was .... no point being jabbed for something you have already had and built up natural immunity for ...... my wider opinion on the jabs you don't want to know about!

This article says you have until June 30 - https://www.gov.uk/government/news/p...ore-offer-ends

But that's crazy. I've never heard of ending the first doses!

I can only assume that in the OP's case, they have probably run out of vaccine and are now waiting for the autumn deliveries in time for flu season.

Because we have all but stopped counting in the UK, we've no idea just how prevalent it is now. I bought a box of LFTs the other day in Boots at the suggestion of a GP, but I'm not sure if you can record the result either.

However, the OP may find this useful:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/covid-19/covid-19-vaccination/getting-a-1st-and-2nd-dose-of-the-covid-19-vaccine/

And from that:

"After 30 June 2023, you can no longer book a COVID-19 vaccine online.

After this date, you will only be able to get a vaccination if you are at increased risk from COVID-19, and in most cases, you will have to wait until the autumn.

If you develop a new health condition or start treatment that severely weakens your immune system, you may be able to get vaccinated sooner if your clinician or GP surgery advises it."

In other words, we're treating it like influenza from now on (which isn't to say it's the same as influenza).
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 17-06-23 at 15:31.

Quote Originally Posted by dorabella View Post
    Likewise with Wired - I never got the jibba jabba. Had the virus in Feb 2020 along with most of London without realising until later what it was .... no point being jabbed for something you have already had and built up natural immunity for ...... my wider opinion on the jabs you don't want to know about!
    Cool, so no need for any of us who've had the 'normal' flu before to bother with the winter jab as we now have natural immunity?

Too many stories of jab injuries... doncha think? 99999 percent recovery rate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information