Thread: This damn nausea!

This damn nausea!

I can't seem to get over this damn nausea. It's such a vicious cycle of constantly worrying over being able to eat, and because of that feeling too nauseous to eat.
    Nothing seems to be working. I've drank ginger tea, chamomile tea, taken peppermint oil capsules, taken motilium. Nothing! It's not even that I necessarily always feel nauseous, but the moment I think about eating I get pure nerves in my stomach and I can't eat.
    Even taking a Xanax doesn't help. I try not to take them too often but lately I've been taking it to see if it could calm my nerves enough to just be able to eat, and it still doesn't work!
    I'm starving, and the moment I smell food I feel nauseous.

I've been through patches like this before and I know it will pass. But in the past I had extra weight to lose so I didn't worry about it. Now I'm a pound away from being underweight and the gigantic fear of losing more weight, is making this last longer. And I just don't know how to get out of it.

Eating little and often doesn't work either. I eat little, but then it takes me like 4 hours to eat something else little so I just don't have enough hours in the day to eat enough! And Complan and bananas can only do so much
    I'm just at my wits end with this. I don't know how to get out of this anxiety loop about my stomach.

Re: This damn nausea!

Hi. Do you have IBS by any chance? I ask because I do and its aggravated by anxiety. So a small twinge fueled by anxiety becomes something huge!
    Anxiety very often causes nausea for me and often I'm just too scared to eat because I relate food to symptoms which in turn means more anxiety.
    Ive given up on medication because I'm aware of more side effects to deal with and when it comes down to it, it's really the anxiety that's the root cause so I try to deal with that. Walking, breathing, distractions. I hope you find something that helps.

Re: This damn nausea!

Yeah, I do have IBS. I know it's all related to IBS and anxiety! But because I'm so worried about eating enough calories, it makes the nausea so much worse!
    But I think I worked out a plan. If I drink 2 complans, 1 fortijuice and eat some bananas/nakd bar, yoghurt a day I should reach my calories. Just realizing I can do that for the next few days has already made me feel a lot calmer and my stomach already feels better. I still have no appetite, but if I take the major worry over eating away I'm sure it will come back.

I got a call from a nutritionist today I was working with. And she said she's also had bad anxiety in the past, where she has no appetite. She said girl, if you need to drink your calories for a week then go ahead and do that. There is no harm! So that made me feel a lot better.

Thread Information