Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Panic attacks outside because of summer heat

Re: Panic attacks outside because of summer heat

Quote Originally Posted by darlene85 View Post
    I shouldn't have read the news, the same panic that was when pandemic was going on. I was outside yesterday for a short amount of time and I was on the edge, panicky. But it was only 29-30 C. I can't even think what would it be with me if I go out these days when it's 35-40. We ruined this planet. I am gonna be scared till the end of my life. That's pretty sad.
    I agree with you there Darlene.

Sadly it's the price we're all paying for pandering to all the climate change non-believers for far too long now, who tend to play the 'fascist police state' card whenever the authorities in any given country try to come up with any mitigating policies.

Honestly, many of these sad cases probably don't even know the true meaning of the term 'fascist police state'. Plus they blatantly assume it's their god-given right to drive their beloved vintage gas-guzzling souped-up tonka toys around willy-nilly while shunning newer vehicles (most of which are meant to be more energy-efficient and environmentally friendly) as vastly inferior, swan off on holidays abroad for a fortnight 3 times a year (and still moan that they're skint at other times), chuck litter and cigarette ends out of their car windows, smoke in their cars with children present, boasting 'it never did past generations any harm', blah-blah-blah!! Selfish, ignorant barstewards!

To paraphrase Kylie Minogue, I just 'can't get them out of my head' right now!

Do you know many of these people personally, Lenco?

I went to take out the trash and pick up delivery, it was 23am and it was horrible outside. This is the worst summer ever.

Lenco, I agree with you, every word.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Do you know many of these people personally, Lenco?
    I did know one person who used to be the bass player in my brother's covers band back in the 90s-2000s who was in his early-mid 50s at the time, and he was adamant that there is/was 'no such thing as Global Warming' and it is/was a 'con' by corrupt politicians to extort tax money out of us to line their own pockets. He was highly opinionated in general and was of one of the typical 'never did me/past generations any harm' brigade regarding the usual things that are increasingly regarded as taboo today such as being smacked and smoked around as a child, and not wearing seatbelts in cars prior to 1983.

I've still occasionally seen the odd person smoking in cars with children present since 2015 when it became illegal, and when I've said to others (including my dad) 'should we report them?' they've pretty much said 'no, the authorities have got far more important things to be dealing with right now plus there aren't enough police officers, social workers, etc anyway'.

It seems like we've basically become a defeatist society over the years where we're basically inclined to appease and pander to those who break rules/laws, especially in the interests of our own personal conveniences, and indeed whilst wearing rose-tinted specs.

Quote Originally Posted by darlene85 View Post
    I went to take out the trash and pick up delivery, it was 23am and it was horrible outside. This is the worst summer ever.

Lenco, I agree with you, every word.
    Thank you Darlene. Sorry for hijacking your thread though as Global Warming and people's selfishness and ignorance in general has been playing on my own mind over recent days.

Not going to argue with you on Darlene's thread, because it's not fair and was wrong of me to start.

Hope you're doing okay.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Not going to argue with you on Darlene's thread, because it's not fair and was wrong of me to start.

Hope you're doing okay.
    Yes, apart from having a raging headache and IBS symptoms today.

But you're correct, this thread isn't the place for us to be bickering over our differences of opinion over the issues I mentioned upthread, so I'll just let it go.

I think something is really wrong with my thermoregulation. How can I feel hot and cold when the room temperature is the same- 21-22 when AC is on and these days is always on.
    Sometimes I feel cold and I wear long sleeves and sleep under the blanket and sometimes like right now I feel like it's not cold enough. The room temperature is completely the same.
    I am very worried.
    I have Hashimoto and I must go see doctor now when pandemic is over, I am worried that I have a cancer that's spread. I don't know. I feel so exhausted, I can barely do household chores. I feel extreme fatigue, have no appetite these two days since my mother ended up in a hospital yesterday, they released her the same day but I don't feel well. I was extremely worried about my cat today because he didn't go to the litter and then he finally went but all that makes me miserable, anxious and I don't know if this fatigue is due to extreme stress or I am dying.
    Last edited by darlene85; 19-07-23 at 02:06.

There was a terrible storm in my city today, some people died and there are many who were injured. It was so awful, thankfully I was at home but it was like Armageddon. This has just fueled my fear of weather and being outside. :(

How are you doing?

I worry about the heat too. I get horrible symptoms and feel like something dreadful will happen.

I get the same as you where the temperature in the room can stay the same yet sometimes I feel cold and sometimes I feel hot.

How have you been recently?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information