Thread: Can you feel a tumor? I’m worried sick

Can you feel a tumor? I’m worried sick

Hi, I am a 35 year old male have severe health anxiety, and was palpating around my belly in the shower (as I tend to do), because I have just had about a month of a bad flare of gas cramps and bloating being under high stress and anxiety….I have been diagnosed with IBS in the past (had colonoscopy/endoscopy 5 years ago, and another 3 or so years prior to that) to rule out cramping pain that moves around the entirety of the stomach, for gas, mucus in stool, etc. so this has been going on five or take 8 years. I had samples taken and everything was good just “mild chronic stomach inflammation”. I am having another colonoscopy/endoscopy at the end of July because I saw my gastro and requested one due to these on and off symptoms (still get mucus in BMs here and there, especially when stressed or having a flare up, like yesterday I had bad gas and ONLY passed this jelly like mucus in the toilet). So to cut to the chase, While palpating around under my fat, almost directly under my belly button and a bit to the left, pretty much exactly where my pant button pushes up against everyday when I sit) I had to push relatively hard and I feel something like a small elongated fibrous lump and it’s freaking me out. Then I went to feel it again and had to really probe around for it. When I find it , It’s not to big, I have to really push in to get to it, and kind of wiggle my finger over it best I can explain is it’s like a fibrous elongated lump. My main concern is obviously a tumor. I’m having a really bad day at work because of this, not able to get to see a doctor until tomorrow. Just wondering any thoughts on this. Thank you.

Re: Can you feel a tumor? I’m worried sick

I have had this before, lots of times. It is probably gas or poo.

Or…. Your aorta, which feels fibrous and long. If you hold your fingers still can you feel it pulsing?

Hi jojo…thank you so much for responding to me, I appreciate it! I’ve been able to talk myself down, for the most part…honestly I’ve been in a spiral for a little bit-been very stressed with work and other things jumping from one thing to the next health-wise, as I tend to do…. Poking and prodding both literally and figuratively…So hoping this is just a continuation of this viscous cycle that comes in waves.

Thread Information