Thread: Low resting heart rate.

Low resting heart rate.

It's been a long time since I've been on this forum, so much has changed in my life. Much for the better, I even got my health anxiety more or less under control. But, as always I'm not perfect and have hade some set backs. Me and my wife just bought a house, we hade our first child, a daughter. And she's just turning 3. As a father now I find myself worrying about my family's heath much more then my own now of days. That being said, my mother moved in with us after a bad health scare. The other day I saw her resting heart rate was in the 50s to high 40s. 47>59 at the highest. She's none mobile due to the health problems leaving her in a wheelchair, so she's always in resting heart rate most of the time. I'm a emt by trade and asked a colleague of mine to give her a ekg, which come out beautifully. I called her doctor and she has a appointment this coming Tuesday. But, of course till then ill worry myself into a panic. So I remembered this forum and decided to pop in and say hello.

Thanks for reading.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Re: Low resting heart rate.

60-100 is what used to be said to be the average. I came across numbers that are lower. Typically bradycardia is not a problem unless symptomatic. She had an ekg so that rules out things that would cause bradycardia. So I’d just chalk it up to her having a healthy heart.

I know typically comparing doesn’t exactly bring peace, but I have a low heart rate as well. In the 50. I’m on medication that also lowers it. So I get in the low 40s during sleep.

Again as I mentioned, asymptomatic bradycardia is typically not an issue at all.

Thank you so much

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Hi, I came here looking for asymptomatic Bradycardia, I went to the GP today after talking myself down from panic for months, guess what! My heart did its thang for him too! 49 bpm. But ECG is fine and so he isn't concerned. I guess that's the thing... also, it has been low for decades. I would probably have known by now if there was a problem.

Thread Information