Thread: Really worried about having ALS

Really worried about having ALS

Hello everyone!
    First I want to say thank you for this forum!
    I'm 29 years old, a full-time student.
    For about 11 months (more or less) I've been suffering from fasciculations all over my body. It's possible that I had fasciculations before, but I didn't pay attention to it, and it didn't bother me much. In the last three months I started to feel the fasciculations very frequently (24/7), all over my body - feet, palms, arms, legs, buttocks and even in the face (sometimes feels like weakness in the face on the left side including the tongue, I can really feel fasciculations in the tongue), shoulders, back and belly. I should note that the fasciculations are mainly at rest, but I do feel them sometimes in the lips area or face, rarely on limbs while standing or walking.
    In addition, I measured the circumference of the claves muscles and discovered that there is a difference of about 0.5-1 cm between the right muscle (strong leg which is the smaller one) and the left. My PCP also notices the differences between the legs. I will have an EMG test next month, but for now blood tests shows elevated cpk (283 U/L, normal values reach up to 200...) and also high uric acid level (8.2). In addition, I noticed that my muscles in left palm are smaller then those in my right one (I'm afraid that this is the beginning of split-hand sign), and I'm having like thumb shaking in this hand after I'm usingu the thumb, note that I do feel some pain there but it's not constant and might be psychsomatic pain... It also seems the I have more blurry vision, and sorry for sharing this, but I also have low stream while emptying bladder.
    I am very worried and anxious about the situation to the level that I cannot Stop thinking about it, and even when I try, the fasciculations appear and the anxiety increases. I'm not sure if there are any other explanations for my symptoms, please share your thoughts about situation.
    Last edited by Eddi; 15-07-23 at 09:36. Reason: Correction of one word

Re: Really worried about having ALS

Please review my post and share your opinion, I feel so scared and hopeless right now

Re: Really worried about having ALS

I've been having constant fasciculations since January 2022 so wanna switch? Some muscles like my right biceps haven't stopped twitching at all during that time, 24/7 every single day.

Thread Information